match

"I'm telling you, Slytherin's gonna win!"

      "Shut the hell up."

      "I will jink your broom."

      "Ah, you know you can't!"

      "Watch me."

      "Hooch's assembling the game. You better be ready." Harry knocked harder on the door.

      "A Malfoy's beauty takes time to complete," 

      "We're the last people inside."

      "Okay." Draco was relaxed in tone, proving difficult for the situation.

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      "It's about time, captains." Madam Hooch's yellow eyes glared at the two boys. "Shake hands." Their fingers lingered for half a second.

      "Good luck."

      "Mount!" She blew the whistle sharply."Go." The snitch was uncovered, its golden wings a blur of motion. The glint was easily confused with the various pieces of merchandise along the stands. Harry squinted, broom twitching slightly. Draco dove at full speed, seeming as if he had seen the snitch. This didn't fool him, however, as he'd seen the move and performed it countless times. 

      "Looks like you've been studying, huh?" He teased Draco.

       "Don't point it out." He replied with a daring look. And there the snitch was. Among the commotion of hoops, bludgers, and fierce redheads blocking and scoring goals, the glimmer of the ball stood still momentarily. Looking back, Harry sped at the ball full speed, the stick of the broom vibrating intensely. The wings poked and wriggled between his fingers, earning an additional one-hundred and fifty points. Outside of numbers, Harry had just won the game. Landing on the ground, Six more players sped in his direction with another set on the way. 

      "Awesome catch, mate." Ron clapped him on the back along the grooves of his Quidditch robes.

      "Incredible," Ginny simply looked at him, with the same blazing look as the years before, only Harry wouldn't be kissing her this time. 

      "Thanks, You played well, too." He responded automatically. Draco was sitting down calmly, like a snow-white rabbit, or ferret (Harry hadn't forgotten), closing his eyes peacefully. "Good game,"

      "Yeah. Congratulations on the win, too."

      "No hard feelings?"

      "It's just Quidditch." Draco gesticulated. "Besides, there's more games left in the season to beat you in."

      "You wish,"

      "Hey-er-What's up with Weaslette?"

      "Are you ever going to call them by their names?" Harry snorted.

      "Answer the question, Potter."

      "Dunno,"

      "You don't think she's plotting anything do you?" Draco stuttered nervously.

     "Feeling threatened, Malfoy?"

     "Sh-Shut up." He seemed flustered.

      "Fine,"

      "What I mean is," Draco cleared his throat. "She wants to cheat the system, somehow."

      "But there's nothing we can do about it-" Harry gulped.