party

"No, Mr. Weasley, it is not the Yule Ball again." Professor McGonagall cleared her throat audibly. "Thank you, yes, the school is holding an event in celebration and remembrance of our journey."

      "So, a party."

      "A formal  party."

      "The Yule Ball."

      "Sit down." She continued. "You are welcome to go in groups or alone."

      "Professor?"

      "Weasley."

      "When is it?" 

      "If you had the patience to listen more, I would say that-"

      "Alright, then."

      "Saturday, eight o'clock, Great Hall. Hurry up now, the event is in two days." The Gryffindor population rose from the benches to scatter. Ron and Hermione met Harry in the middle.

      "Harry, bring Draco and we can go as four!"

      "Give me a moment to ask!" Harry exited the room to find the Slytherins outside that had already completed their orientation. Eyeing the blond head, he surprised him with a swift kiss on the neck.

      "Harry,"

       "Hi!" 

      "Let's go with Ron and Hermione."

      "Read my mind."

      "Be sure to show up in something, alright?"

      "You'd like it, though."

      "Flirt."

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      Reminiscent of his fourth year, Harry got dressed with Ron in a similar set of chartreuse robes, but this time Ron had purchased a greatly nicer set of cobalt robes with white buttons and bow tie. It was from a last-minute trip to Hogsmeade in the pretty little shop in the far corner, and chosen by him. 

      Harry fastened the bow tie at the collar and called his look complete. "Shall we?"

      "We shall." Hermione sat on a stone step outside, clad in a greener blue ensemble with pearly jewelry in her updo. "On second thought, my beautiful girlfriend's here, so we'll meet again by the door." Ron saluted goodbye, holding Hermione's hand.

      "See you, Harry." He only needed to travel a corridor more, where Draco reused his black vicar suit, smirking in contentment.

      "Look at you,"

      "Coordination is key." He reached to kiss Draco's cheek, leading them inside.

      The decor was unlike the Yule Ball, but it still bore some resemblance with the reused snowflakes. The accents were cool hues of blue and green, black and purple. Ron and Harry's robes brought out their robes nicely as they blended into the ribbons. An ice sculpture stood by the refreshments, glowing with the reflection of metallic accessories worn by the people that started to appear.

      And so in due time, the first dance of the evening was opened by the early arrivers. Harry gestured to Draco endearingly, pulling him in for a medium-paced Celestina Warbeck song he'd heard at the Burrow, vocals so raw and natural he couldn't help but wonder if she were really there until he saw her on the midnight podium, singing her heart out.

      The jazzy place slowed, Draco resting his head on Harry's shoulder, fingers interlaced between them as they spun, earning a few 'aww's from those watching. Draco whispered softly into his ear. "How about we head outside afterwards?" Harry nodded as he pulled him into a twirl.