garden

The field-like garden of the Burrow still managed to host nooks and crannies, providing comfortable homes for the gnomes that harvested behind the fences. They posed quite the threat to the vegetable garden, gnawing at the roots and leaving them to rot. Harry wiped the sweat from his brow as he began hoisting one by the arms, swinging it round a few times and releasing it into the distance. "Your turn," he whispered to Draco.

      "I'm used to seeing the Elf do this one," Draco commented back as he shifted about in attempt to catch one. His hair appeared dishelved. Harry began wiping his hands with a nearby rag as he watched the open window's curtains billow from the kitchen. Indistinct mumbles came from inside, but got louder. "Easy, Harry, don't be a snoop." Draco sneered, his upper lip curled. A use of 'Harry' caused both boys to step forward.

      "I'm saying their paths are completely different!"

      "Which means we have to help-"

      "Mollywobbles, we can't be meddling-"

      "I know." Draco and Harry's eyes met as they walked back inside to wash up.

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      The two sat, or lied, brainstorming as Harry's strong fingers traced Draco's soul mark softly. "We could try the Ministry," Draco stated out of the blue.

      "As interns?"

      "As interns."

      "Very funny."

      "I'm serious."

       "S'pose we could play around with some aurors-" Harry kissed his cheek playfully.

       "I love you,"

       "I love you, too." Harry pressed a butterfly kiss to Draco's collarbone. "We can start tomorrow."