outcasts

Harry never liked those sugary breakfast cereals his cousin often pigged out on, but he absent-mindedly poured a little too much into the nearest bowl in the winding stack across from him. A short, skinny girl sped down the aisle, her thin robes swishing elegantly. She stopped just short of him, placing her hands on her hips impatiently. "What's it going to take?" He couldn't ignore her today. 

      "Listen, I-"

      "I want you back!"

      "Ginny, there's no cheating the universe."

      "And how does it control us?" Harry grabbed Ginny's wrist, careful not to further offend her.

      "Ginny, stop it. You're acting like a child."

      "If it means I'll get you back, then-" He tugged her a little harder, but still relatively softly. He wasn't going to be humiliated today.

      "You come outside and stop making a scene." Harry looked down at her.

      "So, what? Let them hear." She relented quickly. "Fine," the wispy breeze blew brown, crunchy leaves off the spoked trees, littering the garden. 

      "I've tried asserting myself, growing a backbone..." Harry's voice cracked like a nearby leaf in frustration, trying to tie himself back together. "But you just won't let me, will you?"

      "I just don't have anyone better!"

      "Well, fate gave us both  better people."

      "I only want you. How hard is it for you to comprehend-" Out of the archway, gaunt and mysterious as ever, was Draco making his way out. He didn't try to conceal his aura of bossiness.

      "How hard is it for you  to comprehend?"

      "Go away, you damn well know there's no place for you here." Ginny argued coldly.

      "There is a time where you are going to find your soulmate, and that time isn't now, nor the person being Harry." It was as if he were a father disciplining his little girl, but the half of it wasn't untrue as that was how the girl of seventeen were acting. Draco and Ginny simultaneously turned and walked away in opposite directions, Harry following his soulmate briskly.