heart

"So what've you learned from that dragon book?" Draco's cologne occupied the space next to Harry. It smelled of vanilla and salt and was stronger than he'd like to admit.

      "Just some more facts on Hungarian Horntails," 

      "Keep going," Harry fiddled with a quill, gentle enough not to ruffle the feathers.

      "Well, they look exactly like Norwegian Ridgebacks, like Norberta."

      "Norberta?" Their eyes met.

      "She's a girl," Harry snickered.

      "Oh," Draco felt silly.

      "And, er," Harry swallowed visibly. "Their tails set them apart 'cause they're sort of like wrecking balls." He inhaled. "And they're actually a little bigger, you know, they-" The vanilla-salt aroma was closer than ever, but he couldn't say anything as his lips were occupied by the sweet taste of Draco Malfoy. Harry's eyes closed instinctively as he leaned into the kiss. The moment was action-packed, giving him mixed feelings that caused him to pull away. "What're you doing?"

      "It's called affection. Get used to it." And Harry realized just how much more he wanted from Draco. He pushed his mouth on his hungrily, snaking his tongue inside suggestively. Draco's hand moved to his jaw naturally, Harry's moving to his back.

      "Did you plan this out?" 

      "A thousand times." Draco's fingers ran through his unruly hair as he pressed a softer kiss on his lips, but then deepened it to acquire the full taste of him. His kisses were nothing of Ginny's, as hers were fiery and fast. Draco's were slow and sensual. They felt like years, even decades rather than several sunlit days until they ended.

      "I never noticed how much I feel  for you," Harry whispered through the foam. A scuffle among the orderly assortment of books around them startled their blissfully oblivious moment, toppling a stack of book onto another. It was quiet, but loud enough for a 'shush' from Madam Pince. A flash of red-orange locks whipped around as the not-so-mystery person vanished.

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      Harry was a conqueror, enlightened by the events past. He was limitless as sky. "You look happy," Ron grinned seeing his friend so pleased. 

      "It's nothing, it's just-"

      "Harry, is it true?" A set of soft-spoken Hufflepuffs asked calmly, but it still felt like an interrogation. 

      "What's true?" He turned to face them, intrigued as if it were the first time something had been circulating about him. 

      "That you're soulmates with Draco Malfoy? A particularly short on piped up. Taken aback, Harry opened his mouth to speak, but spared the dramatic scene that would ensue.

      "And that you were making out in the library?"

      "I'm not answering that." The clear, calm night sky displayed above the floating candlesticks did not portray Harry's mood as he stormed to the edge of the Gryffindor table. "Who'd you tell?" Harry was blunt, paying no mind to those attempting to part the gathering crowd. 

      "No one." Ginny's face was still, but her mouth quivered. Harry knew this face.

      "Liar."

      "I told-" She paused, contemplating whether to tell the truth or continue the deceit. She looked him in the eye. "I told Pansy Parkinson." 

      "Are you bloody mad, Ginny?"

      "I made her swear-

      "And what makes you think that kind of swear really does anything?" Harry was yelling now, causing fierce and bold Ginny Weasley cower. 

      "I was just angry and had to get it off my chest," 

      "And you told her?" 

      "I thought she wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Malfoy, that's all." 

     "Well you were wrong, okay?" Harry tore away from the mess, death-glaring those who chose to point and stare.

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      "For the last time, Ron. Not that kind of detail!"

      "Mate, everyone wants to know deep down."

      "Don't drag me into this, Ronald-"

      "You know you wanna know, too." Ron laughed heartily and kissed Hermione's cheek. 

      "Alright," Harry reminisced on the memory dreamily, his gaze sideways. "It wasn't wet if you were wondering. He's quite good, actually." His tongue swiped his lips. "It's sensual and sexy, even-"

      "Alright, yeah, I regret asking." Ron gagged. "Not that I don't support you or anything, it's just that I don't want to hear you describing a kiss as sexy."

      "Harry, what about the rumors?" Hermione seemed concerned, but her face carried a dash of sinister charm. "Don't you care about what that b-never mind  could be saying or doing?" She withdrew the curse word.

      "Who says we have to care?" Harry's attack would have him pay no mind to even lift a finger.