healing

The afternoon light of the Transfiguration garden was bright, but hints of a cool breeze remained. Powdery frost brushed off the trees 

      "What did you want to talk about?" Harry's thumb grazed his boyfriend's lip softly.

      "Maybe we could forgive her,"

      "Why?" His hand fell.

      "Let's give her the benefit of the doubt." Draco's mercury eyes bored into Harry's.

      "And-?"

      "Well, first of all, she lost the love of her life to her nemesis-"

      "You're making it sound like I died , Draco."

      "You did, at least to her." He stated matter-of-factly, but sarcastically at the same time. He was rapid and possibly lethal in how much more Harry fell in love with Draco with each ironic statement. "If she wants to make amends, why shouldn't we take it as an opportunity to stop the vengeance?" Harry kissed him hard.

      "You damn genius." He sped off to find the girl in the worn robes, who passed nearby. "You like to spy on me, don't you?"

      "Thought you wanted nothing to do with me,"

      "Sorry," Harry blurted unconfidently.

      "Sorry." She repeated. 

      "Yeah,"

      "I came to accept it, you know?" Ginny broke the eye contact to stare at her hands. He looked down neutrally.

      "I knew you would come around eventually."

      "So why didn't this happen earlier?"

      "Because I wasn't thinking." Ginny smiled softly.

      "Draco opened your eyes, didn't he?"

      "I suppose he did," and with that, she wrapped her short arms around his middle, earning him back the unit he was missing. 

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

A/N

Told you guys I don't hate Ginny. Heh, who doesn't like a good mini-arc?