jobs

"Ah, I see, so you two're the new interns at the Auror's Department, eh?" 

      "Yeah."

      "Names, please."

      "Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy." Draco introduced confidently. 

      "Ah, a Malfoy." The skinny old wizard peered at him with suspicion, but quickly averted his eyes to Harry and his scar. "Harry Potter, are you really?" Draco rolled his eyes jokingly.

      "Yes, now can we please have our badges?"

      "One moment," the man scrambled for a spare piece of parchment. "Sign this first, will you?" Harry was too polite to decline. 

      "Let's go, Draco." sliding his hand in his back pocket, Harry led them to the elevator, iron bars and sideways whooshes all around. No one else was in the elevator areas. The ding  of the elevator prompted them to step off and admire the bland hallway that carried inauspicious complexity within its walls.

      "The Chief Auror's office is that way." 

      The Chief Auror didn't look much like a Chief Auror  per se, as at that moment, he snored at his cluttered desk through his large nose. He woke hurriedly to adjust his glasses. "Sorry you had to-" he giggled nervously. "How about you start by stamping these?" He left the room.

      "Okay, erm, let's start."

      "Wait, Potter, be sure to sign the paper on the desk!" The man winked and exited again. And so they sat at the threadbare chairs, stamping and breaking to shower each other with kisses over the decreasing paper towers. Towards the end, their lips lingered, hands roaming until the door snapped open, hen closed, then open again. "You might want to head down and find something else about now," The Chief Auror was visibly shaken and embarrassed. 

      "Harry, head on down, I've got something I need to take care of,"

      "Draco, I swear to Merlin, if you need to take a crap, you can just say it."

      "Right, um, see you in a few."

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      By the time Draco had returned and the next job had been completed, the pair was signing off into the telephone booth's cool voice surrounding the space. Harry felt his lover's minty breath in his ear as he whispered, "I've got something I wanna say, okay?" He sounded cheerful.

      "What is it?" He asked back while they slid above ground. 

      "I'll save it for dinner," he smirked.

      "You're a menace."

      "I know," he smiled into a brief kiss under a streetlamp before apparating into the darkness.