thanks

"Draco," Harry waddled awkwardly to try and keep up with his long strides. Upon hearing his name, he twirled swiftly, lips slightly parted. Luckily, the nearest stone wall was to his left, and in an effort to prevent him from walking off again, he extended an arm against the frame, trapping him in the limited area. To his surprise, Draco began blushing uncontrollably.

      "Harry,"

      "I wanted to thank you for what you did earlier today." Harry was a little embarrassed but hid it well. 

      "It wasn't a problem," Draco replied, flustered. His cheeks were a blotched red. 

      "I want to take you out," Harry declared. "Let's meet at the Three Broomsticks, Saturday."

      "I'll see you there," he pulled Draco into an awkward embrace, but it carried warmth and gratuity. 

      "Yeah," there it was again, the bright blush on his cheeks.

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      Hogsmeade was beginning to grow frost on and around windows and rooftops, but the charm of shops such as Madam Puddifoot's, Zonko's, and Honeydukes remained. The vibrant shades of pink, mint, and orange glistened among the drab architecture throughout the town. Harry continued to to lead his friend further, stopping at a lively pub with broomsticks propped on the frame. "We're here,"

      "I've been here before, I'm sure."

      "C'mon, then."

      "Alright, where are we sitting?"

      "I came here last week with Ron and Hermione. We've got a cozy corner at the back." He continued dragging Draco by the sleeve excitedly. The corner was in sight of Madam Rosemerta but secluded enough to hide their identities. Luckily, she the bartenders were not nosy as they stole a glance and went back to work. Surely, they would not find it in them to blab about two boys who once fought at their storefront sitting together. 

      "So, what're you two having?" Rosemerta approached them. 

      "We'll have two Butterbeers, please." 

      "You'd think two just of-age boys would be a little more adventurous." She looked up for a laugh. "Very well, then."

.:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:..:.

      The warm Butterbeer lightened the spirit of the day, blowing a fuzzy feeling into the drinkers. Draco's cold eyes heated with bliss and contentment. "You were really cool back there with Ginny," 

      "I know, you've said it a million times. It wasn't any trouble." His foamy mustache sweetened the serious statement.

      "You've got Butterbeer on your lip," before he could speak, Harry reached over to wipe it with the edge of his robe gently.

      "Thanks," Draco's face illuminated with the same pink color. Harry couldn't understand what was making him lose control this way, so he sat to think a moment.

      "What's up with your face?" He travelled back to the present moment. 

      "Nothing," it was Harry's turn to blush.

      "You stared off for a second,"

      "I was just wondering why you were embarrassed, that's all," he smiled warmly.

      "Oh, It was nothing." The blush deepened.

      "It was something."

      "I swear!"

      "Okay." Harry eyed him in a mock-suspicious way." 

      "Mm, I can see why Butterbeer's your favorite drink," Draco tipped his mug perpendicular to his mouth to swig the last of the drink.

      "Have you never had it before?"

      "Before now? No." Harry was shocked by the fact that his friend had never tasted it. He came up with a sly remark. 

      "I presume you'd have wanted something a little more macho,"

      "Maybe," Draco giggled.