learn

The library's wall-height shelves were charmingly stylish, but carried an unhealthy amount of dust, spiraling down visibly due to the soft sunlight leaking out of the window. The glare reflected off Draco Malfoy's platinum hair, his face pulled into a concentrated expression as he wrote on the parchment with quick, sharp strokes. His grip on the quill was tight and deliberate. "Is someone staring at me?" His face broke into that of a giggle.

      "Maybe I was,"

      "Of course."

      "What're you writing about, anyway?" Harry moved toward the paper eagerly.

      "Careful, you'll smudge it. 

      "History of the Protean Charm?" Isn't that due in three weeks?" He laughed sweetly.

      "Yeah, but I wasn't bloody paying attention in class!"

      "Your handwriting's really girly." 

      "N-No it isn't."

      "Only joking,"

      "Alright joker." 

      "Prissy princess." Draco was bookmarking and flipping the book Harry was 'reading'. 

      "S'this about dragons?"

      "Shut up."

      "Narcissist."

      "I just like them, okay?" Harry folded his arms in an attempt to assert dominance. 

      "And not an obvious attempt at basking in your glory?"

      "No."

      "You wiling to swear on that?"

      "Bet." Harry held out his pinky finger.

      "You're pinky swearing?" Draco's upper lip curled into a sneer.

      "Do not underestimate to power of a pinky swear."

      "Okay."

      "I was not basking in my glory."

      "You were not basking in your glory." The swear held no real power, but they were still bound by it.