FOURTEENTH

Moving on from the past isn't an easy task. No matter how many promises someone makes to themselves.

Just the same happened with Althea, she promised herself to leave her past behind it still was hard for her.

She accepted the two people who has been taking care of her and loving her since she came here.
She loved them some much that she was ready to do anything for them.

Althea was happy, she is seen laughing and giggling more. She also shared a special bond with Marcus and unconsciously called him dad once or twice.

Albia and Marcus felt like their own daughter was home and the old vampires spend all day taking care of the innocent soul.

Althea slowly was making her mind to share her past with them, she hasn't reached their yet but she hope she will soon.

*****

If anything intrigued Althea it was the narrow path she is been seeing since she came here. It was right opposite from her window.

She could see few people walking around their house,but no one is seen walking the path.

The path was so narrow that one could only fit a single foot at a time and it was covered with waist length grass.

It clearly looked like someone was walking through it frequently.

Since the last few days she has gained enough courage to take the path and kill her curiosity.

And now seem to be a good time as everyone was called for a meeting and she was left alone.

Placing her robe around her, she took the spear taht Marcus made for her and she walking opposite.

At a single person was walking and it was eerie but for some reason Althea felt at peace.

Her grip around the spear tightened as she manoeuvred along the long path with her hands away from the grass.

Her hairs teased by the soft breeze and cheeks adored a pink hue from the coldness.

After few minutes she saw two path before her broader than the path she walked before.
Althea looked at the two path with a soft pout but after few seconds her eyes twinkled and a wide smile came on her face.

She excitedly picked a small pebble and threw it in the air and let it fall wherever.
She pulled out her tongue towards the right path as if mocking it and skipped towards the left path.

She could hear the sound of water fading into nothing as she kept walking.

Althea wrapped her robe around her tightly as she shivered lightly.
The air grew more cold and the sun hide behind the dark cloud.

Letting out a shuddering breath she kept walking even though her mind told her to return home.

Althea took hurried steps as soon as she saw a small clearing.
She giggled and jumped around the place with glee, her spear long forgotten.

Althea looked around the place when she saw a single rose flower swaying with the breeze. She softly walked towards it and bend down to take a closer look at the flower.

"What are you doing here" came a cold voice pulling her out of her bliss.
She swiftly straighten up and tuen around to see the stranger.

Althea started shivering as soon as she saw the man who punished her and she started searching places to run, finding a path behind her she started running away from the man without a second thought.

*****

Dimitry saw the lady running away from him and he wanted to stop her, no one disrespects the kings mate.

If she wanted he could have used his vampire speed, but he loved the chase.

Running few steps behind he stopped when the scared lady stopped after seeing no way for her to run.

"Stop" he commanded in a strong voice.

Althea wanted to run, her mind kept telling her to run but the body had a mind of its own.

She stilled as soon she she heard the command.

"Turn around" her body frustrated her as it made her follow every order of the bad man.

Althea shivered furiously as soon as she saw his face. Beads of sweat forming on her forehead and tracing her face down till it reached her jaw.

"I am not going to hurt you",Dimitry's voice got a softer tone but it wasn't enough for Althea to trust him.

She still kept shivering and took the smallest step that were almost invisible to put as much distance between them.

She yelped as her foot caught a vein of the tree and she tripped back.
Dimitry moved further to help her but she whimpered as soon as she saw him coming towards her.

Dimitry saw the helplessness on her face and sat before her at a distance.

Althea started sobbing feeling really hopeless, her sobs made him uncomfortable.

After a few minutes of Althea sobbing and Dimitry being silent, Marcus came their running with worry plastered on his face.

He moved towards the little sobbing lady and gathered her in his arms bridal style.

He moved them out of the forest without a second glance at anything.

"Sorry" Althea whispered to Marcus and he could only look at her with confusion.

"I trouble you"she stated.

"Never" Marcus said back firmly as he sat her on their sofa and moved aside for Albia to treat her.