THIRTEENTH

Althea was in the backyard plucking some tomatoes for lunch.
Marcus had some crops and plants imported from the human town next to them.
While the two vampires pretended to eat before her, she started exploring more dishes.

It was two weeks since she saw the kings and fainted on the road.
Marcus threatened the two kings and kept them away from his street. Though Althea looked more comfortable now but they knew as soon as she sees the kings again she will go back to the timid scared little girl she was two weeks ago that is nowhere to see now. she was progressing a lot. she also doesn't flinch anymore away from the two vampires and has been smiling, she even once giggled looking at the cartoon on the idiot box.

She also looked a lot better, her once pale skin now has a permanent peach complexion though she still looked frail. Her damaged hairs looked shiny from the herbs Albia gave her.

Also hiding the fact that she was in a vampire town was proving hard for them but they still managed somehow and have been walking to egg shell since. she still hasn't told them about her past.

It was next day when Albia asked her to join her for a walk around the town. Althea though hesitated but agreed to join her.
Albia covered her with a cape and tied her hair together. Althea basked all the attention she was getting from the couple.

Soon they left the abode and walked on the street, Althea kept a close distance with Albia.
Few minutes later they reached an open street where few people roamed, Althea saw few people greeting Albia and also giving her a side glance and same gave her a small smile.

she looked around the street with fascination, small shops on the side of the street added colors to the street. she roamed her eyes around and saw vintage restaurants, bar , a small beautiful flower shop along with other shops. What made her wonder was seeing people travelling with horses rather than cars.

Althea wrapped herself more into her robe as she felt multiple eyes on her. she moved closer to Albia but kept looking around the street when her eyes fell on the beautiful flowers.

she tugged Albia robe go gain her attention.

"What is it dear?" she asked softly that made Althea always feel giddy.

"Can we buy flowers?" she asked hesitantly.

"You don't have to ask" she said and took her near the beautiful flower shop that smelled like wet soil and heaven. Her eyes immediately fell on the most delicate flower. The coral peonies.

She leaned closer to Albia and asked her to buy the coral peonies and leaned again to ask only for one. Albia chuckled softly and asked for only one among the bunch. she took the flower with both hand from the shopkeeper, brought it near her chest and took a deep breathe all while a broad smile on her lips.

Reaching home, Althea searched for Marcus excitedly to show him the flower that she still had attached to her chest. she ran towards the backyard calling Marcus when she saw him watering the plants. she ran towards him and forwarding the beautiful flower towards him to show him.

Marcus chuckled softly and commented on the beauty of the flower then looked behind her at Albia giving her a small nod and earned a happy smile from her.

"Are they your favourite ?" He asked her.

She nodded then ran in and place the flower in a glass filled with water, placing it on the window sill she stood near staring at the delicate creation. The flower reminded of her brother who left her in the hand of bad people and unconsciously her hand moved towards her neck to touch her brothers last memory.

she panicked when she found her neck bare, running towards the mirror she dropped her robe and looked at her empty neck, she panicked and ran towards Albia.

"Mama" she whimpered and hugged her tightly putting the two vampires in distress.

"What is it dear?" Albia asked worried.

she hastily pointed towards her neck worrying them more.

"Baba" she mumbled while hiccupping.

Albia shushed her and tried to calm her.

"My necklace"

"Oh did you lose it? Don't worry baby i will find it for you, Don't cry okay" she sat her on the couch and kept patting her back. Marcus stood before them quiet upset as he didn't want her being upset and sad, he liked the giggling and running Althea more.

Marcus kneeled before her and left after promising her to bring back her necklace.

*****

He mounted the shiny black horse and rode towards the castle, he was permitted to enter without interrogation.

He ran towards the kings office and slammed open the office doors.

"I want to enter Althea's cell" he spoke loudly interrupting the kings from their make-out session.

"We already have a prisoner there" Damon spoke after hissing at the intruder.

"It doesn't matter" He said with firm voice.

Damon nodded at him, Marcus took it as a sign and walked towards the cell where once the innocent women was kept and tortured.

He entered the cell with two other guards who restrained the prisoner, while he looked around the cell for the a shiny piece.

Dejectedly he walked out the cell empty handed, he dreaded going home and looking at the devastated little women he oath to take care of.

Entering the silent home he looked for the two women, following the voice of the television he saw Althea watching cartoon with her head on Albia's lap who kept running her fingers through her hairs. He went near and kneeled near her head "I didn't found it but I promise I will bring it back to you" He spoke softly.

Althea slowly sat straight and looked at the two vampires who looked at her with saddened eyes and at the exact moment she knew she let go of her past and let go of her brother who didn't really cared about her, but she still kept it to make her heart feel like she had someone. But now she knows she doesn't need memory when she had people who made her feel warm.

*****

okay! here it is.

I know I am late but here i am anyway.

The story is going with a slow pace but it soon will pick up its pace.

Also thanks for all the kind messages.