Chapter 4

Back at the tent, Harry and Hermione were busy reanalyzing the books and journals they had carried in the way. Hermione flipped through the pages and followed the words with her finger, whispering them into the air as she did so. Harry read more and more and he furrowed his eyebrows. 

"What's wrong?" Hermione asked, not moving her head to see Harry but instead to read the next page. 

"I'm worried about all of us," he replied, settling the book down again. He looked into the top of the tent and let out a tired sigh. "What if we sent them to get captured and we are sitting here, reading books that we read for almost the entire time we were here," he said, running his hand through his hair. 

Hermione looked at him and she eased her face before saying, "I know Harry, I'm worried about them too. But, they are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves so we shouldn't worry about them right now. They are probably still walking and walking." 

"I guess so," Harry said, with a new composure. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!" Ron yelled, while holding a long stick in the air. 

"Oh, great job, Ron. You probably scared all the animals in the bloody forest," you said, throwing your hands in the air. You stared to the trees he has gone to and you noticed Ron has been silent a little while longer than you expected. "Ron? Where are you?" You asked concerningly. 

You heard footsteps tracing behind you and as you turned back, Ron had a dead rabbit speared through his stick. He had a huge grin on his face as he raised the stick higher in glory. You smiled and raised your hand to give him a deserving high five. "That's amazing!" You exclaimed, your hand meeting with his in the air, blossoming a bigger trust connection between the both of you. 

"Told you I could do it," he replied, feeling a lot better and hopeful about this mission than before. 

"Never said you couldn't do it, just thought it will take you longer," you replied, eyeing the rabbit on the stick. Its lifeless eyes stared back at you and you almost felt horrible if it wasn't for the huge rumble in your stomach that said otherwise. 

"Yeah, me too," he said, making a disgusted face of the horrid smell the rabbit produced. 

"Should we go back or continue to explore with the delicious aroma of the dead rabbit," you mentioned, grinning at your own sarcastic remark. 

"I guess we should continue to walk and the stench of the rabbit... Well, we will just have to deal with it, won't we?" Ron said, walking farther into the dark. 

"Yep," was your reply as you followed him further. A couple of moments of silence and Ron exchanged the hand he held the stick with. "Hey, get that away from me. I don't want to touch it," you feared, walking farther away from him. 

"You're going to eat it so what's the problem?" Ron replied, moving the rabbit closer to you. 

"Ron. Get that away from me!" You shrieked, running a little bit farther. Ron smiled and he started to chase you with it and the both of you laughed while running. You liked this distraction and the locket kept on making noise in your bag since you and Ron agreed to not wear it during the hunt. 

"Wait, stop, Ron," you said, silencing his footsteps with a hand to your side. He didn't question anything about why you were perfectly still, your eyes wide, and your ears searching for any more noise you found. There was a rustle in the trees and your neck snapped to look at it. Ron heard it too and he got closer to you. You opened your bag and grabbed the locket. You put it around your neck because it was safe to wear it in case something happened. You heard the click and the both of you didn't move at all in case the noise came back.