Chapter 16

"So, let me understand. I have to stay here because I don't have a wand? That's ridiculous!" You exclaimed, throwing your hair away from your face as you talked to Remus. 

Remus' chin dipped to his chest, eyeing you with a bound of understanding. Your rebellious reminded him of someone. "Y/n, it is the only thing I am asking you to do. Please, listen to me. You have to stay here," he explained, looking at you as he enforced every word. 

You exhaled thoroughly, feeling the air fly out of your mouth in a huff. You didn't want to follow his orders. You didn't want to stay here while your friends are out, fighting, possibly to their deaths. You looked into Remus' eyes, trying to tell him what he wanted to hear but, your voice betrayed you. "I'm sorry Remus, but I can't stay here while all of you are out fighting. I don't want to be rude, but I have to do something," you said quickly before realizing what you said. 

Remus sighed, knowing you were going to say something along those lines. He dug his hand in his pocket taking out a wand. "Harry told me you didn't have a wand since you lost it, I believe. So, I took it upon myself to bring you a wand. Here, see if it works." He extended his hand towards you, everyone in the room stared at the wand in his hand.

You got up from the carpeted floor, stepping over some of the mess that was thrown on to it. You grabbed the wand and observed its detail in seriousness. It was made of dark colored wood, fairly similar to your own. You looked up at Remus and said with an appreciative tone, "Thank you, so we are on the same page of me not staying here?"

Lupin exhaled, his smile coming back. "I guess so, just be careful okay?" He looked around everyone and said, "All of you." He grabbed his wand and along with Tonks, they left the room in a hurry, already watching as how some death eaters entered the castle. The door closed with a thud behind them, a soft wind making your hair sway. 

You turned back to look at everyone in the room, all of them still searching the wand in your hands. "I guess we have to do something?" You asked, gripping the wand a lot more confidently. You felt better being armed, having something to protect you reassured your safety than being without it.

"Yes," Bill replied, walking towards the center of the galloping room. He was the oldest in the room at the moment, everyone looked at him with a sense of respect. His obvious scars on his face were illuminated by the firelight, making them look more disastrous. They have healed since the last time you've seen him. You appreciated Fleur for still loving him despite what some would consider a flaw. You always liked them as a couple, they compliment each other really well. 

"I believe that the older of us should go out and help others fight. While Harry, Ron, Hermione and Y/n stay here for as long as possible," Bill continued, taking his wife's hand and walking near you towards the door. "Be careful," he addressed. 

The four of you nodded and he opened the door for his wife and walked behind her. The door shut again and the only ones left were the four of you, the twins, and Neville. Neville was the first to speak as he said, "I should go out as well. I want to be with Dumbledore's Army for a little bit. Is that okay?" 

"Don't need our permission, Neville. Go ahead," you encouraged, stepping out of his way. 

Harry stepped forwards along with Neville for a moment. Neville stopped walking, wondering why Harry walked along with him. Harry looked at Neville and said appreciatively, "Thank you for helping us get here. I don't know how we would've came here without your help." 

You were confused and asked immediately, before Neville got the chance to respond, "What do you mean? How did he help get us here?" You were curious to know. Neville's bashful expression made you realize that he was a huge help.