Chapter 31

Harry nodded and for a split second you thought you were dreaming. He was standing right in front of you and his clothes were still the same as before. You stared at him, as if not daring yourself to believe it... Not just yet. 

"Harry?" You choked, feeling as if your throat was tightening at the sight of his nod. 

He extended his hand towards you and you eyed it suspiciously. After a moment, you looked up at him and grasped his hand. You expected him to dissolve in front of you, or disappear but he stayed. You got up, still feeling dizzy, you looked at him again, your mouth open in shock as your mind couldn't register what you are seeing. 

His lips turned upwards giving him a soft smile. "It's me, Y/n," he whispered. He was looking at you through his glasses, a little foggy from all of the heavy breathing he had to endure. He was staring at you as you studied him closely, as if he was some sort of art in a museum.  

"No, it can't be..." you breathed, but his twinkling eyes and his smile was so endearing. You wanted to believe it was him but how can it be? "Harry, you can't be here. How did you get here?" You blurted out before you can stop yourself. 

Harry nodded, still holding your hand, explained, "I just slipped out from him when Bellatrix came hurdling to tell him something. I was able to run away and I saw your father running out of the castle." He helped fix some of the mess that was of your hair. 

"Where was he heading to?" You asked him, smiling weakly at him as he fixed your hair. 

"I don't know but he had this look on his face. I believe he was running after Bellatrix because he kept on shouting your name. But, I knew you were here," Harry explained, looking at your injured hand, unfazed. 

You looked at your own hand and tried to hide it away but Harry was staring at it. 

"Oh, its nothing-" You started but he grabbed your hand. 

"Is this still your blood?" He asked, looking at your hand with a sudden jolt in his expression. 

Your eyebrows lowered in confusion and replied, "Yes...why?" 

Harry smiled and started to trace the writing on your hand with his finger. He had an amused expression, his eyes twinkling slightly as he looked back in your eyes. You took a half step back because he was acting peculiar. 

"Harry?" You said, hoping that you were not making it obvious you were scared. 

"Hmm?" He asked, his smile plastering on his face as his teeth were showing. 

You started to step back rapidly now, his hand that touched yours was spread out in front of him, his fingers glistening with your blood on them. He wiped your blood over his face, his eyes widening with a thin smile stretching from ear to ear. 

You started to scream because you were frightened, that was when you felt someone hold you. Your head raised from your hands and you looked at your father who was standing in front of you. You were on the ground, shaking with fear and horror. 

"Y/n," your father said, "Y/n, its alright. Its alright, I am here."

You were sobbing uncontrollably and you hurriedly looked at your hand. Nothing was wrong with it, if you counted having a horrible scar on it normal. "Harry? Harry was here! He was looking at me weirdly-"

"He was never here," your father replied, cutting you off with an outstretched hand. "You fainted because you were exhausted. Your blow on your side, it was ripping massively."

You instinctively placed your hands over the side of your stomach, but there was no pain. No jolt, no tingle... it felt... normal. You grabbed the end of your shirt and pulled it up, it was just how you expected it to look. Your skin wasn't harmed at all. You looked questioningly at your father but he answered your question.

"I used a healing spell when I saw you hit the ground," your father further explained, "I heard you fall and I hurriedly ran back to see what has been going on."

"Then, why did I imagine things?" You asked, bewildered. It felt so real.

"I think you were just in shock," he said, "Maybe all of the times you haven't slept, it started to catch up with you."

There was a moment's pause. 

"He didn't come back," you supposed, sighing heavily, "He's still out there?" 

Your father nodded solemnly. "I was going to go-"

"I think that dream, or whatever it was, it was telling me something," you said, moving your eyes along the floor to remember exactly what you saw. "Something about my blood... How it was still mine? What does that mean? What do I do?"

"Y/n," your father urged, "It was probably nothing. It was your mind playing tricks on you."

You looked at your father who seemed to have gotten slightly pale. "How do I know your my father and not... not some vision?" You interrogated, gripping your wand that was on your back pocket. 

He seemed to have speculated the question and answered, "I'm your father and I was friends with Sirius while he was in Azkaban for a murder he never committed, even though he really wanted to in the end."

You smiled, knowing that he was your father after all. The memory of him running away out of the castle dawned on you. "You said you had an idea. What was it?" 

His face darkened, his slight smile turned into a thin line.  

"We have to face Voldemort, together," your father said in a hushed tone. 

If you weren't shock before, you were now. "What do you mean, together?" You asked, shaking your head before continuing, "No! You would get hurt and it will be this huge disaster-" 

Your father turned around to look everywhere and looked at you seriously. He stuttered a couple of times before taking his wand and casting around him, "Protego Totalum!" 

The chill breeze stopped flowing through you. It felt like the two of you were in a different room altogether. It was similar to Bellatrix's circle but it felt anxious somehow. You looked at your father, a little surprised on why he was struggling so much to speak. 

"Dad?" You questioned, starting to back up when you saw the words "Protego Totalum" hover on the air right above you. 

He turned to look at you. His hands were shaking and he steadied his breathing. "Y/n, I told a lie."

"Which is?" You asked, gripping your wand tightly now. 

He shook his head and muttered, "You are going to hate me."

Fear crawled into you and laid on your stomach. What does he mean? You felt beads of sweat on your forehead build up on the top of your eyebrows. Fear, anger, confusion... You didn't know what to do so you took out your wand, pointed it at him, and demanded, "What did you do? What are you talking about?" 

He let out a breath, oddly comfortable with you pointing the wand at him. He looked into your eyes, they looked sad almost apologetic. "I said a lie," he said quickly, as if the truth was finally waiting for its moment to reveal itself. "But, I needed Bellatrix to go and tell Voldemort that you were the horcrux." 

"Why?" You asked, feeling your stomach do a summersault. 

"Because it will keep you safe and no one would be able to kill you," he answered, clearing his throat after a long croak from the back of his throat. 

"What are you saying?" You asked, a little slow. 

He let out an impatient exhale and noticed some of the letters started to dissolve. "It was the only way that no one was going to be able to hurt you. You aren't a horcrux," he added quickly, "I am."