2. Roses and Lillies

Chapter Two

*Hansol's POV*

Sat in the practice room, everyone was laughing and joking.

"Yah hyung get away from me," Dino screamed running away from Jun, who was holding a felt tip trying to draw something on his face.

"But think of the fans!! They'll love it, oh cute little baby," Jun laughed squeezing Dinos cheeks. Shaking my head at the sight, a lot had happened in the last 5 years.

"Hyung I am 21 years old, I'm not a baby anymore," stomping his feet he threw himself to the ground.

I was a little on edge today, as I am every week this time of year. Because... well because it's coming up to the time of year she died.

Hyolyn. My twin. I miss her everyday. Everything I do I do it with her in mind, her silent encouragement keeping me going.

I hope I'm making you proud of how far we have come, Hyo.

"I'm going for a walk," standing, I grabbed my jacket. Seeing DK stop laughing momentarily, he stood too. It wasn't a hint for him to come, but he knows exactly where I'm going.

"I can't believe it's been nearly 5 years," hearing him mumble, he never really got over her. I doubt he ever will.

"Wait up," another voice said behind us. Wonwoo. He too is different now.

"Guys wait!" Another voice said. I was trying to go for a peaceful walk, but as usual it's turned into a circus. Sighing, we stopped walking, waiting for all the other members to catch up. "Let me tie my shoes, wait for meeeee!" Hoshi shouted.

Turning, I started to walk again, shaking my head laughing a bit. She would have been in the middle of all the chaos, absolutely loving it.

As they all caught up, we walked past the dorms.

"Hang on, back in a sec," Dino muttered, running up the stairs. Moments later, he returned with a half asleep Chewy. His old bones plodded slowly down the stairs, his tongue hanging out. Dino had sort of adopted him when she left. "We are gonna see your mama," booping his nose, we started walking again.

Stopping at a flower stall, I bought a handful of roses. They were always her favourite. I try to keep fresh roses by her side all the time, but sometimes it's hard to get them there when we are promoting.

"Here Chewy," handing him a rose, he took it gently between his teeth as we walked up to her grave. Seeing him plod up, he dropped it beside her headstone. Sometimes, it becomes so surreal that she's gone. Sometimes, I can't handle it, so sometimes I cry. This was one of those times. "Hey Hyo, here's some fresh ones for you." Whispering, I removed the dead roses and replaced them with the next ones.

'Kim Hyolyn, July 1997 - March 2016. Daughter, Sister, Friend.'

"I miss you you idiot," bending down, I felt someone rub my back. Looking over my shoulder, I saw Coups hyung standing there, faint smile on his face.

"Hey Noona, you'll never guess what happened the other day," Seungkwan starting telling an elaborate story of how he pranked The8 the other day, claiming it was one of her classics and would be proud of him. I turned off halfway through, gently rubbing Chewy's greying ears.

Everyone took it in turns to talk to her, Wonwoo and DK stood at the back. They don't really talk when we come here, I don't think they know what to say.

Moving some leaves that were covering her picture, I smiled. It was my favourite photo of her, because it was so obvious she was happy at that time.