20. Arcade and Trade

Chapter Twenty

*Hyolyn's POV*

"Sungho you better get the fuck out of my way," trying to push past him as he blocked the doorway, I punched his arm. 

"Hyo, think this through. Dimitri has your brother yes, but it's obviously a trap. He's not going to let either of you leave there. He's already dead and you already know it." Looking down at me, his lips pressed into a thin line. 

If he lays ONE hand on Hansol, it's over for him. It's over for everyone, mark my words. 

Seeing him sigh, he removed his hands off my shoulders. 

"I'm going with or without you. I'm getting Hansol out of there even if it means I don't. Either come with me or don't, I really couldn't give a shit. So either move or I make you move."

"Do you have a plan at least?" Meeting my eyes, I laughed. 

"When have I ever had a plan?" The best laid plans are the ones where there's no plan at all. "My only plan is to get Hansol out of there, that's it. So are you coming or no?" 

"Of course I'm coming, of course I'll help you, is that even a question between us? Partners forever, right?" A smile crept onto his face as he moved from the door. Running to the car and opening the trunk, a feeling of annoyance washed over me. 

"We don't have enough," muttering to myself, I looked over the weapons in front of me. 

"If you need weapons, I have something you might like," a voice came from behind me. Turning, Mr Jeon stood there. "Follow me." 

Heading to the back of the house, he grabbed a key from underneath a vase and unlocked the door at the end of the hallway. 

"Take whatever you need," he mumbled, avoiding my eyes. 

Grabbing a few guns and boxes of bullets, I threw some to Sungho as well. Strapping a knife to my ankle and standing, I nodded in approval.

"Thanks," exiting the room, I nodded to Mr Jeon. 

"Hyolyn," he grabbed my arm as I walked past. "I am sorry, you know." First Bora, now him. It's almost as if people grew a conscience and realised what they did me was sick, and now they're living with the guilt. In a way, I'm happy they're suffering with the memories of how they acted. 

Nodding in response, I didn't really have anything to say to him. 

"If you're ever stuck and need to lay low, I'm always here. You'll be safe here, that's a promise, and the least I can do." 

"Thanks," I repeated, exiting the house. Hopping in the car, Sungho sped off back into the city. 

***

Standing in front of the building, a pang of fear ran through me, something that doesn't usually happen. 

A million and one things ran through my brain, I didn't know what approach Dimitri would take... and that worried me. 

Taking a deep breath in and out, I grabbed the guns. 

"Ready?" Sungho asked, giving my hand a squeeze. "I'm right behind you." 

What followed next was almost like something you'd see in a movie. 

Kicking the door down, the flashing lights of the arcade inside, Sungho came beside me holding the trigger down on the machine gun he'd picked up. Screaming as he did, I shot the ones who dodged the bullets. When the lobby was cleared, I glanced to him. 

"That was kinda cool, you have to admit," he smirked. 

Rolling my eyes, the only thing I had on my mind was saving Hansol. I will not rest until he is safe and away from Dimitri.