7. Memories and Meditation

Chapter Seven

*Hyolyn's POV*

Plugging my headphones in, I hopped on the treadmill. Hitting the acceleration, I started a light jog, which soon turned into a sprint.

2 weeks ago, Dimitri left to Russia, leaving me here to run things, to help the Korean Mafia and to protect bitchy Bora. None of which I have a choice about or a problem with, well... mostly.

But all I can think about is my old self. I want it back, but I don't know where to even begin. I went back to the cemetery last week, in disguise. I saw Hansol and some boys there again, talking to my grave. Hansol stood at the back, a small smile on his face. Thankfully he didn't see me. I can't let him know I'm still here, not yet. He might blow my cover, and I can't let him get involved in my business, it's too dangerous.

Looking up, I saw Bora waving in front of me, raising her brow at me.

"Fuck me Hyolyn I thought you were going to go flying off that thing with how fast you were going." Stopping the treadmill, I wiped my forehead. She's not as bad as she used to be, but she's still a bitch. "I need you to drive me to the doctors."

"Don't you have a driver for that?" Taking a sip of water, I threw on my hoodie. Thank god Dimitri wasn't here, he would be insisting I dress up. I just want to be me for a bit, hoodies and sneakers. Not heels and skin tight dresses.

"You're in charge of looking after me?" She snapped back, throwing the keys at me. Rolling my eyes, she stopped walking, and turned to me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap. I'm just so uncomfortable, I don't know if I can cope with another 3 months of this." Nodding at her, I pulled on my sneakers. "Hyolyn, I'm really sorry for everything that happened to you. And I know it was my fault, and I-" holding my hand up, she stopped talking, looking surprised.

"Save it Bora. I know how this is going to go. In the 3 years I've been out of your life after you sold me, you have reflected on yourself, let me guess. The money you got from selling me, Jieun spent it, that's why you had to marry Jungkook. You're in it for money, not love. But he's a scary man, I've seen him in action. Fuck there was one time, one guy looked at him funny and he stabbed his eye out." I saw her gulp, but she stayed silent. "I can't imagine what it's like to be married to the guy, let alone having to have his kid. So let's just save the apologies, I'm over whatever it is you did to me. Now put your coat on, we need to leave." Hitting the button for the elevator, I looked over to her. "What?"

"You've changed so much. You're not the same Hyolyn from 5 years ago. It's... weird."

"Maybe because you never knew me. You were hellbent on making my life hell," opening the car door for her, I hopping in the drivers seat. "Seatbelt please." Looking at her in her rearview mirror, she sighed, holding her stomach. I do feel sorry for her, Jungkook is a very very scary man. Incredibly handsome, yes. But he's way more terrifying than handsome. I never knew he was married to Bora though, he just mentioned he had a wife at home.

"Do you hold a grudge against me?" She whispered. I know she's scared of me now, after what I've become. She knows she can't fuck with me anymore, she's knows I would win against her.

"For selling me to Dimitri? Not really, it's been fun... kind of."

"No, not for that. For Wonwoo." She whispered the last part, I only just heard her over the traffic.

That name. It's been mentioned to me before. From Hansol. Wonwoo?

"I was just jealous, he loved you so much, and no one had ever loved me so much and so purely as that. I wanted to be you, I wanted someone to love me like that. I hated the fact you had it, so I took it from you. And I'm sorry," she hung her head, avoiding my eyes in the mirror.