26. Tasks and Masks

Chapter Twenty Six

*Hyolyn's POV*

"Some guy turned up and dropped this off. They didn't say anything, they just stabbed it into the door and took off. They looked scary," Hansol shuddered as Dino stretched his hand out. Taking a short breath, I readied myself for what was about to start.

Hell. Hell is about to start.

Noticing everyone had now gathered outside, I grabbed the envelope. Pausing a second, I can't imagine what he might make me do. Obviously illegal, obviously immoral, but how far is he going to push me? 

Here goes nothing...

'My Little Hyolyn,

I hope this letter finds you well. Your tasks are about to start! How exciting!

30 days, 30 targets. Take them all out, you get your partner back. There is a catch though, obviously. It wouldn't be any fun without one, would it? 

Every target you miss, he loses a body part. 

Complete the tasks to get the clues to where I'm hiding him. Your tasks will be sent each day through encrypted texts, so keep your phone on you if you don't want to fall behind. 

Now for the best part. I have prepared 13 very special tasks for you, let's see if those boys really love you. Maybe if you show them your real side, the side I know best, they might not so graciously accept your return. Details of your special tasks will be found in the clues from your first 5 targets. 

Tick tock, Hyolyn. 

Come free your partner, gain your freedom. 

You lose? You're mine

All my love, Dimitri.'

Squeezing the paper in my fist, anger boiled inside of me. 

"Jagiya?" Snapping from my thoughts, I looked up to see all the boys staring at me. Seokmin stood beside me, worried expression on his face. 

"I'm going to fucking kill him," not paying attention to the confused muttering and expressions, I headed to the house. If I speak any more right now, I might just completely lose my shit, something I don't want them to see. 

Storming to the back room where the weapons were, I tossed the paper on the table, letting out a scream and kicking the table. 

"Hyo?" Turning, Hansol stood in front of me, scared look on his face. This is exactly what I don't want. I don't want them to be scared of me. 

If they see me in that world, they will be scared of me. Then they will abandon me, and I will be all alone again. 

"What did the letter say?" Sitting on the floor next to me, tears threatened to fall. 

"I'm fucked, Hansol. I'm done. I do what he says, I become the monster he made me. I don't do what he says, Sungho dies, then he comes after you guys, then after me. It's a lose lose situation." Feeling my voice crack, he pulled me into a hug, stroking my hair as the tears fell. "It's over. I'm done for." 

"Kim Hyolyn, look at me," squeezing my cheeks with one hand, he wiped the tears away with the other. "Whatever it is he's wanting you to do, you know you have us to help you with it. We might not be much help, but we are here, we are not leaving, got it? You're part of our family, family sticks together no matter what." Feeling myself choke on his words, he pulled me close again. 

"You might say that now, but he has '13 special tasks.' It doesn't take a genius, Hansol. He wants me to take each of you with me when I take someone out. I can't do it, they're all going to hate me when they see me for what I really am-" before I could finish, he held his hand up.