25. Friends and Foes

Chapter Twenty Five

*Hyolyn's POV*

Sat on the back of the truck, the sun now set, I felt the tears stream down my cheeks. What's happening to me? 

For 5 years I've had little to no emotions, and now every other day I find myself crying. Is this what I was like before? 

Thinking over the events that had just happened, my heart hurt. How could he just walk away like that? It's not as if it's my fault! I mean, I guess it's a lot to process. Imagine having dreams for how your life will go, and then those dreams can't come true. I understand he's upset, but it's not as if it's my fault. 

"Hyo?" Looking up, my heart skipped. I was expecting Seokmin to come back so we could talk about it, but I guess he's too upset right now to talk to me. Imagine looking at your significant other after that bombshell news. To some it wouldn't matter, to others... it's like their world come crashing down. 

"Hey," wiping my tears quickly, I sniffed the last of the sadness away. I hate showing other people I'm weak. Maybe it's been drilled into me, but emotions are weakness, and if you're weak - you're dead. 

"Everything okay?" His deep soft voice rang out as the moonlight danced on his skin. Shrugging in response, he chuckled hopping up on the back of the truck with me. 

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Glancing over to him, he returned the shrug. 

"Don't cry, I hate seeing you cry," he mumbled, looking up to the stars, leaning backward. Following suit, we both laid in silence for a while. 

"Sorry," mumbling, I knew I'd put him in an awkward situation. "I don't know much of the ins and outs of why you hate them so much, but from your expressions... and what Hansol's told me... I'm sorry for all of this." Feeling him grab my hand, my breath hitched. 

"It's me that's sorry, Hyo. It's all my fault. If I had just been quicker-" seeing him shake his head, I looked over properly. 

"From what I've been told Wonwoo, I would be dead a few times over if it wasn't for you. So please don't be sorry, I'm thankful for you." Why can I not remember you? Every time I look at him, the same question plays over in my head. Every time I look at him, the same feeling appears in my chest. Familiarity, family, safety. Love. 

"I can't do it Hyo. I can't keep going every day and not talking to you properly. You say you remember nothing we had which is fair enough, but I at least just want to be friends with you?" Turning my head again, I met his eyes. Those eyes I get lost in. 

What's happening to me? Hyolyn, you have Seokmin. You love Seokmin. Seokmin makes you happy. But why am I feeling this? 

Looking away, I looked back up to the stars. 

"Okay," I nodded. I can't deny it, I'm drawn to him. Maybe this is a bad choice, but this feeling is something I can't ignore. I want to be near him, talk to him. I need to be near him. 

"Okay?" His voice changed. Flicking my eyes back to him, a huge smile lay on his face. 

"Just so you know, my friendship comes at a cost. I require at least one Starbucks a week, ask Seungkwan. He knows the order," joking with him, he laughed again. 

"Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino, right?" Smirking, he raising his brow cockily. Widening my eyes, I didn't realise he would know. "I know your Starbucks order, Hyo. You used to make me get you one every day," laughing again, he sat up, pulling my up. "Come on, you need to get some sleep. From what I gather, you have a long day ahead of you tomorrow." Hopping off the truck, I stopped a second.