22. Ninjas and Nights

Chapter Twenty Two

*Wonwoo's POV*

It can't be. I don't see him in what, five years? I presumed he was dead, because of what Hyolyn had previously said.

Then again, we all thought she was dead. I guess we don't really know anything in this world, do we?

"Wonwoo?" He half smiled, half frowned, taking a small step towards me. Seeing faces look between me and then back to him, I saw Hyolyn stood behind him, head hung.

Any anger I just felt that had started brewing immediately disappeared when I looked at her. She has that sort of effect on me, to instantly calm me down without doing a single thing.

Not saying a word, I didn't meet his eyes, didn't engage in conversation. I don't know what I'd even say to him. Thanks for fucking my love life up? Thanks for almost getting me kicked out of the band because I was under Bora's spell, and acting like a shitty person?

"Let's just get them inside, it's been a long day and I need to sit down," Hyolyn spoke up, making him break eye contact with me.

"Yes, of course, um..." he shook his head, floundering a little. "Let me show you upstairs, there's a few spare rooms," he mumbled, walking off.

Taking it as a hint to follow him, everyone silently filed into the house, which looked as though it was going to fall down any second. But it she says it's safe, I believe her.

Hell, she could tell me a 3 headed dragon made of gold was real and I'd believe her.

Seeing Mingyu give me a look, I just nodded and he made his way inside. Following him, I was about to head upstairs when a hand grabbed my wrist.

"Wonwoo?" Oh to hear that word coming from her lips. It was everything and more. Turning my head, one foot on the step, I smiled gently at her. Everything about her makes my heart skip a beat, everything she does is so magical. Feeling her hand on my wrist, I died a little inside. "I'm really sorry, I didn't think. I panicked, and wanting to keep you safe, this was the only place I could think of that he doesn't know about and-"

"Hyo, it's fine," moving her hand from my wrist and lacing my fingers with hers, her eyes widened as she looked at out hands then back to me. "I know you were just doing what you thought was best, don't worry." Giving her hand a gentle squeeze, I saw her gulp a little, then break eye contact.

"We should get upstairs to the others," hearing her mumble, I nodded, sadly dropping our hands. Can't have Seokmin seeing, he tends to get very jealous very easily.

Holding her for those ten seconds, having her be attached to me, I felt somewhat whole again. I felt happy.

I'd say having her back was making me happy enough, but she doesn't seem to remember shit about me, or us. Either that or she's intentionally avoiding me. Which, ya know, is fair enough. We got married, I left her the same day, married her step sister and broke her heart and all.

I keep reminding myself that it wasn't me, that I was under some weird trance, but when all is said and done, it was me. The face was mine, the actions came from me. In the end, I hurt her. So even getting her back as a friend... it's going to be tough, but it's going to have to be enough.

For now at least.

*Hyolyn's POV*

Seeing him head upstairs, I turned and went back to the truck while they settled into the rooms. Opening the trunk and leaning forward so my head rested on the car, I sighed.

Why, for the life of me, can't anything just ever be easy?

One minute I'm having a face off with Dimitri, the next I'm running around the city getting the boys to safety, and the next I'm having an inner meltdown all because some guy touched my hand?