23. Sun and Moon

Chapter Twenty Three

*DK's POV*

Laying with my arm under my head, her resting on my shoulder still snoring gently, I smiled looking up to the sun that had started rising. Shaking her gently awake, she tried faking sleep to stay on my shoulder, but I knew she was bluffing because she pulls that cute smile when she's faking sleep. 

"I know you're faking it," whispering in her ear, the smile grew on her face slightly, eyes shutting tighter. "Open your eyes for me," kissing her cheek, she finally opened her eyes. "Morning sleepy head." Moving a stray piece of hair from her eyes, I didn't think life could get any more perfect than this simple moment right now. "Look baby, the suns rising," motioning my head to the sun peeking over the hills in the distance, she didn't say anything, just smiled. 

"Perfect," hearing her mumble, I smiled looking down at her again. 

Last night, lets just say it wasn't planned, but it was needed. After 5 years of not having her, then getting her back and everyone wanting a piece of her... Having her all to myself all night was special. 

A pang of jealousy may have also spurred it on, when I saw her and Wonwoo on the stairs hand in hand. I mean, I'm no psycho boyfriend or anything, but I just wanted to remind her she's mine, and mine alone. 

"I have a lot to do today," watching her as she sat up, the happy face that was there a second ago was quickly replaced with worry. With her eyebrows furrowed, she threw off the blanket that was covering us and pulled the hoodie back on.

"How can I help?" Knowing she's in the middle of a sort of war, I would obviously do what I could to help. I might not be much help, but I will try my best. 

"It's okay, I need to keep you safe. There's too many Carats out there that would have my head on a spike if any harm came to you, and I wouldn't blame them," trying to make a joke as she stood, I grabbed her hand. 

"You aren't doing this alone, I'm here and I'm helping, whether you like it or not." Staring at her as I stood, I pulled her in by her waist closing the space. "So tell me where you need me and what you need me to do." Giving her a quick kiss, I smirked as she pulled away flustered, pulling the hoodie strings tight around her neck to hide evidence from last night.

"Oh don't mind us, you carry on having sex in broad daylight!" Seungkwan yelled from the window we sneaked out of last night, mug in hand, disapproving look on his face. Seeing Hyo stick her middle finger up at him, him giving it her right back, she swore jumping off the back of the truck. 

"Hyolyn?" Her head snapped up when she heard the voice. Mr Jeon. Oh. Him. I might not know much of what is going on right now, and whether or not we can trust him fully (I don't), but at least he's letting us stay here. "May I borrow you a second?" 

Turning to me, she gave me a kiss on the cheek before telling me to head inside and eat something. Even in the midst of all the chaos going on, she's still trying to look after everyone before herself. Something that makes me love her more. 

Despite every single obstacle thrown her way, she keeps coming back stronger every time. 

I just hope one day there might be an end to the madness. I love her, and I don't want her to keep going through this cycle. Fighting, getting hurt, putting herself in constant danger. And now she's in big danger, all to keep us safe. 

Walking into the kitchen, everyone was gathered around the table, shoving inhumane amounts of food down their throats. 

"Where's noona?" Dino asked, throwing Chewy a sausage. 

"Talking to Mr Jeon," motioning my head towards the door, heads turned to try and catch what they were saying. From what I gather by her expression and how fast her hands are moving, it can't be good.