Chapter 2: Cold cell

"No you're not going there, are you crazy?" Jo snapped, "yea kinda, semi sane I guess if you put it that way, and relax I can protect myself, I'm gonna cloak myself." Kai laughed, "listen, I know I can't stop you, but remember we only live if you do, and to be honest, I don't think she will likes you since the coven histories, so just be careful, don't let her find out you're the coven leader." Jo said. He gave her a nods before he disappeared.

Kai cloaked himself in the Salvatore house, everyone seems to be out but just in case someone barges in, he has to cloak himself, as he heads to the basement he can feel the magic is getting stronger, it's like magnets, something pulling him towards her, he went to the basement, checking the cells, she wasn't in any of them, as he walks in further, he saw a giant piece of glass reflecting a purple orbs, he walks towards it, then he saw her.

A girl is sitting in an empty room, with handcuffs on her wrists, she is sitting on the concrete floor, her dark hair is a bit messy, her fingers are playing around the purple orbs as she focus, her eyes are staring at it, he froze there as he sees her, she is beautiful, he only heard of people like her before but he has never seen one in his entire life, and he remembers the stories people told about her kinds, dangerous, powerful, mythical, "Evalynn," he whispers, suddenly she turns her head to his direction which made him jumps a little, "shit, I thought I cloaked myself," he muttered, but she doesn't seem like she's acknowledged of his presence, she just stares at his direction with no facial expression, even her eyes are filled with emptiness, he stares at her face.

He is lost in her violet blue opal eyes, her eyes don't really seems like human eyes if you ask him, it's deadly gorgeous, there was some blood stains on her nose and lips, he wondered why would they keep her in the Salvatore cells, then he sees the purple magic orbs changes its color, it's black now, with gold around it, 'oh no it's not a good sign', he thinks, it's a full moon tonight means that her power will boost and be at its highest point, she sent a few orbs to attack the glass in front of her leading it to crack a little, this glass is magic proved obviously, but she is so powerful even the cursed shackles couldn't stop her, it halts witches' powers and it always work, but on her it only weakens her, he uncloaked himself, looking at her, "need some help?" He raised one of his eyebrows looking at her, and now she is frozen there.

"Sorry manners, I'm Kai, a siphoner," he hides his real identity, in case she flipped out and tries to kill him, "I'm Evalynn, why do you wanna help me?" She looks at him, "just feel like doing public service today, what do you say?" He looks at her, she stepped back giving him space to work, he puts his hand on the glass and she sees a red glow appears, "cover your face sweetheart," Kai said, she didn't really understand it but she did it anyway, a few seconds later she heard the glass shattered, he stretches his hand to her, she took his hand and stepped outside of her cell, "woah, finally, after 2 years," she said, then he took the handcuff off, she rubs her wrist, "thank you, I need to go before they found out I was out," she said.

"Don't rush to run off Miss, do you even have a place to stay?" He asked, "not really, but if they finds out I am out they will lock me back in again, and I don't feel like going back there after spending 2 years in there." She said, then she heard something, "shit they are back," she panicked, "invisique," he muttered then grabbed her hand, "what did you d—" "I cloaked us, they couldn't see us, you can stay in my place if you want," he suggested, she didn't really have a choice so she said yes. "How did you hear them? Are you a heretic?" He asked, "what's a heretic? People like me, we have really sensitive hearing, kind of like vampires but even better." He nods at her words.

He took her to his apartment, "wait here for a second," she stands near by the door, then he took all of the paper works Liv gave him the other day and put them away before she could found out that he was searching about her and her bloodline, "sorry, you can come in now." He smiles at her, "thanks for letting me stay here, I'm gonna look for places tomorrow," she said, "yea don't worry, where did you live back then, if you don't mind me asking." He chuckles, "I lived with Bonnie, you know her?" She turned around facing him, "yea Bonnie and I go way back," he said, "you're single then I guess," she said, 'oh she bold,' he thinks, "yea you?" he jokes, "yea all the people I loved are dead," that took a turn, but she seems like not bothered by it at all, "oh sorry," he runs his fingers through his hair.