Chapter 9: Endless pain and Goodbye letter

TW: suicide

By the time they got home, it was already night time, Kai was exhausted by all the driving, he unpacked the bags for them, "I'm gonna go shower alright?" Evalynn asks him, "ok want me to join you?" Kai gives her a smirk then sees her stripping on her way to the bathroom, "god, you're beautiful," he said under his breath, "I can hear you," Evalynn yelled from their bathroom, "oops," Kai said.

After they are both done, they got into the bed, Kai has becomes the big spoon ever since they got together, she can smell his cologne which she loves so much, she could never get enough of his scent, she turns around, and listening to him rambling, the whole time she was staring at him like she has never seen him before, "why are you staring at me like that, did I do something wrong, or did I upset you, or is it something I said?" He asked her and pulling her closer to him, she shook her head, and he sees a tear slide down her cheek, "I'm just so happy to have you, thank you for what you did today, and everything else, Parker," she caresses his cheek softly.

He wipes the tear off her face, "hey, I would literally do anything for you, if you die, I die too," he brushed his nose against hers, "don't say that, if I'm not here one day, I want you to move on, forget about me and live your life," she said in a serious tone, "no I won't, and you won't die, no one is hurting you," Kai looks into her eyes then kisses her softly, "but promise me you will live your life if I die one day, promise," she pulled back and looking at him, "if that's what you want, why are we talking about this anyway, is there something you wanna tell me? I'm all ears if you do wanna share it," but she nodded her head.

After she made sure he is in deep sleep now, she tip toed to the bathtub, and concentrated for a while, she raised her hand slowly then the bathtub is filled with warm water slowly, "ok", she whispers, her body starts shaking as she steps into the bathtub, she was wearing a lace dress, she looks at her arms, then putting her finger on top of the inside of her forearm, she slides her finger which has dark blue magic orbs around it across her skin, as soon as she does that she starts hiss in pain, then she sees the blood starts oozing out of her, she did the same with the other arm, then she used her magic to created a lock on the doorknob, after all that she put her arms in the warm water and leaned her head back.

Soon she felt dizzy, "finally," she smiled and muttered, she just couldn't take the pain anymore, even though she doesn't wanna leave Kai alone, but this is what she deserves, at least she thinks, everything starts turning black around her, then she heard the water is flowing down the bathtub onto the bathroom floor, 'it must be working,' she thought, and then everything turned completely black around her.

Kai broke into the bathroom, the noise of the water woke him up, and he didn't see her lying next to him when he woke up, he realizes something bad happened, then he rushed into the bathroom where all the sound come from, he saw the water in coming out of the bathroom under the door, he tried to open it but it didn't work, he kicked on the door a few times, didn't work either, a light bulb suddenly lighten up in his head.

He puts his hand on the doorknob, and starts concentrating, then a red orange glow appeared around the doorknob, he siphoned all those magic that she used to lock the door, then he opened the door and sees her lying inside the bathtub in her own blood, "god no, hey, babe, can you hear me?" He panics then tried to do a healing spell on her but it didn't work unfortunately, she didn't answer, he leans his head against her chest, he can still hear her heartbeat, but it's faint, he carried her in his arms and called Jo, "hey Jo, meet me in the hospital right now, Evalynn is dying." He ordered.

"Please don't leave me," he cried, on the way to the hospital, he broke all the speed limits and ignored the red lights, after a few minutes he arrived at the hospital, and carried her in his arms, "Jo! You have to save her!" He yelled, "you need to calm down, I will do everything I can, you have to wait outside," Jo told him, and takes Evalynn from her brother's arm, then she put her on a bed and rushed to the operation rooms along with other doctors.