Chapter 16: Liar liar, panties on fire

It was 12pm sharp when she arrived in front of Kai's apartment, he opened the door before she knocked on the door, "I uh, heard your footstep, and no, I totally didn't wait in front of my door like some kid," he chuckles, "you'd be a cute kid if you did that though," she laughed, then cleared her throat, "sorry, that wasn't appropriate," she tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear, "don't worry, friends can give each other compliment right?" He winks at her then grabs the key, "come on let's go."

"I assume you got the Bennet blood, it'd be real awkward if we stuck there with father dearest," Kai laughs, "I got it don't worry," she reached a vial of blood and pulled it out from her pocket, "see? Trust me now?" Evalynn looks at him with a smile on her face, "I've always trusted you friend," he emphasized on 'friend', she turns around and face him, "look, I like you alright, I've always liked you, and I want to make it work too, between us, I just wanna take everything slow now, I don't wanna mess it up again I—." "You won't, I messed up, I should've handled my blood lust and anger better, I understand and I'm sorry, truly, but I won't mess it up again," Kai took her hand and interrupted her, she didn't push him away this time, she hugged him instead, which surprised him.

She buried her head in his chest again taking in all of his scent, "I like your new look with the facial hair," she stops for a second then continues, "I know, and I miss you Kai, I don't think I've missed anyone this much, who's alive by the way," he felt her smiling in his chest, he strokes her hair gently, "I miss you too Evie poo, I've really gone soft now haven't I?" Kai laughs helplessly. "Yea you're not the big bad heretic anymore, however, you're still the crackhead friend though if it makes you feel any better," she starts laughing, so is Kai, "crackhead friend? Really?" She lifts her head up from his chest not breaking the hug and looking into his eyes, "yep, I mean you're drunk most of the time, you just have the vibe I guess." She shrugs her shoulder, "and speaking of that, there's a rave thing this week, wanna come along, as a crackhead friend of mine?"

Kai grins and taps her nose, "my pleasure, besides Candice already told me," she looks at him with question marks in her eyes after hearing what he said, "what? When?" Evalynn asks him, "a few days earlier, come on we need to get to the spot now," he reminded her of why they come to the woods in the first place, then both of them pulls away from the hug awkwardly, "yea, let's go." Evalynn turns around and starts walking towards the spot. "Idiot," she whispers under her breath with a small smile on her face, "hey I heard that," Kai complains, "oops."

Evalynn hands him the vial of Bennet blood as they stands on the spot, "ready?" Kai looks at her and pour a bit of Bennet blood onto the ascendant after seeing her nodded, then he starts chanting as the eclipse is happening directly above them, "ahh so hot," she whispers without realizing, a second later they are transferred into the prison world, "did you just say I'm hot while I was chanting?" He smirks, "no I didn't, you must've hit your head or something," she rolled her eyes and feeling herself blushing again, "liar liar, panties on fire," he smacks her ass as she turns around and walking away from him.

"Malachai I swear to god I will kill you," she turns around and point her finger at him, "and no one can get you out of here," Kai grins. "You're so annoying," she complains then starts walking again, "do you even know where is my father?" She stops as she heard Kai, "no," she sighed, again, he got her again.

Kai is grinning like a devil now, and Evalynn is having mixed feeling right now, "you know for someone who has an emotional range like a tea spoon, you do get angry a lot," Kai comments as he sees her face getting red, "I'm not angry," she crosses her arms and looks at him, "really? Then why is your face red, hmm? A person can only have two emotions when their face is red, it's either mad or shy, so you're saying you're shy? That couldn't be possible because we all know what you can do with you little tongue—." "Fine I'm mad, I have anger issues," Evalynn snapped, she rather die than admitting she got shy from Kai's comment, "and where is your dad exactly?" Evalynn changed the topic.