Chapter 8: Magic ring

Kai has asked his coven to made something to help her control her power long time ago, they eventually came up with something, even though the Gemini Coven is freaky, psychotic, but they are strong, and full of power, he asked them to make something for him, he lied to them of course, if they found out who is it actually for they would probably kill her or worse, he told them his magic is out of control, they need to make him something to weaken his power, like bind it, but not completely gone, just in case she needs it to protect herself one day, and they have been making it for more than a month long, it was a ring, a simple silver band, since he was the one who asked his coven, and the size is big too, ok it's actually one of his rings, he will just change the size using his magic, although he is not sure if the ring can work with her magic, since their power is different, but it's worth a try, better than her magic overwhelms her then kills her one day.

He picked up their bags the next morning and headed to their car, he put them in the trunk and turned around saw her running towards him, he opens his arms and she jumps onto him, he kisses her gently, "glad to see someone is in a good mood today, have you got my pork rinds?" He smiles at her, like a child, she brushes her nose against his, "how can I ever forget, should I be jealous," she laughs under her breath, "maybe," he jokes around, then he puts her down and she walks towards the passenger seat as he walks towards the driver seat.

She looks at his side profile, "you know I've never had a road trip before," she said, "what, how?", "I know, shocker, guess I haven't been living that much huh," she said it in a teasing voice, "same, frankly, we should live more before others just decided that we are not worth it and put us away," then he sighed, she put her hand on top of his trying to comfort him, a small smile appears on her face, "guess that's what make us the perfect couple right, both of us are fucked up, two negatives make a positive," he laughs at her words, "oh cupcake, how am I so lucky to have you," he squeezes her hand slightly as he speaks, "Parker I think you deserve the world, if there's a way I could take all your pain away I'd do it," he turns around looks at her with tears in his eyes, she gently wiped them, "I think you're having an allergy reaction," she said, he shook his head while smiling, "you're so cute, you know you were kind of like me when I was confusing with feelings, you just made me cry, but it's happy tears," he cupped her cheeks gently.

"Feelings are hard," she sighed, then she felt his hand on her hair rubbing them softly, "I know, but baby steps, and I'm on your side," he chuckles, but the only thing is that he doesn't know she is about to break, or that she's about to give in to her inner demons.

After driving for god knows how long, they finally reached a hotel in Portland, she's surprised that he is not tired at all, at least by the looks of it, he parked the car in the hotel parking lot, "alright, let's get some rest first, then we will meet them tomorrow," he winks at her and carry their bags with him, she went to the reception with him and got their key, "you sure you don't want me to help with the bags?" She turns around looking at him, he chuckles and shakes his head, "no they are not that heavy besides I want to do stuff for you," he looks at her like she is an adorable puppy, she gives him a small smile then kept walking.

She didn't say much during the whole trip, it bothers him, he felt something if off with her but he just can't really point his finger at it, "are you alright?" He asks after closing the door, he looks really concerns, which makes him 10 times cuter and more attractive than he already is if it's possible, "yea, why wouldn't I be alright? I'm with you," she mutters while looking down at her feet, "you're a horrible liar you know that?" He pulls her into his arms brushing his nose against hers.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me, I'm not going to judge you, and maybe we can fix it together," he looks at her, she only nodded her head, "but I won't force you to tell me if you are not ready, I just wanna let you know that if, you do wanna tell me, I'm all ears, whenever you want," then he kisses her forehead softly, she bites her lips and then took a deep breath trying to clear her mind and push those feelings away, "same for you babe, and I just wanna wait till tomorrow, after tomorrow it will be all ok again," she squeezes his arm lightly and looks at him with a smile on her face, but her eyes are back to filled with emptiness again, he doesn't get what she means exactly but he doesn't wanna upset her even more by asking her more either, so he picks her up and put her on the bed gently then start cuddling with her, he reads it on the internet saying cuddling with them would help lifting up their mood so he figured he should give it a try, which seems like it's working.