Chapter 14: Bloodlust and annoying ass emotions

Evalynn went to the grocery store first, then some few other stores, but he wasn't in any of those places, "the grill," she mumbles to herself.

She pushes the door open and rushes in there, it's crowded in there, probably because it's Friday night, "hey", a young guy approaches her as she looks over to the bar, "nope thank you," she quickly pushes through the crowd while looking for Kai, as she comes close to the kitchen she heard something come from the back street, 'must be Kai', she thinks then rushes to the dark alley behind the grill.

As soon as she walks to the dark alley, she saw Kai feeding on a woman next to his car, and there were dead bodies around him, lying on the ground with their head off, the woman's back leans against the wall as Kai feeds on her, "Kai?" She said with hesitation in her voice, this is not the Kai she knows, instead of answering and stop feeding, he ripped the woman's head off, "oh my god," Evalynn covered her mouth with her hand.

Kai turned around as he drains every single drop of the woman's blood, "Evalynn," he whispered, he sees the horror in her eyes as he turns around, she opens her lips trying to say something but she couldn't get any words out of herself, she knows that he was a former sociopath, she didn't even feel this scared when he told her he killed 4 of his siblings, or when he told her he is the Gemini coven leader, but however this is different.

"I—I..." She doesn't know what to say, she's heard the stories of Stefan being a ripper before, but now Kai is turning into one, she feels like she doesn't know him anymore, this morning he was fine, but now suddenly he's this ripper. "Let me explain, please don't be scared love," Kai starts walking towards her, she steps back and holding her hands in the middle of the air, an orange magic orb appeared as the shape of ball in the middle of her palm, "stay away from me," she gritted her teeth, her voice is shaking.

Kai's eyes darkened a few shades, "I'm sorry, I got overwhelmed and this crazy bloodlust took over me, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you," Kai pushes her against the wall, "Kai, I get it, let go of me please, I don't wanna hurt you," Evalynn whimpered as Kai tightened his grips around her arms without noticed, "you don't get it! All these stupid emotions are fucking heightened, why do I get this weird feelings whenever I'm around you," he looks into her eyes, she looks away from him.

She heard him laughing under his breath, "would you look at this, the love of my life wouldn't even look at me right now, because she thinks I'm a blood sucking monster." He cups her face and force her to look at him, "I didn't think that, Kai, please, you're hurting me," she begs him with tears in her eyes, "stop lying," he clenches his jaw, then the corner of his mouth twitched slightly, 'oh no', she thinks, he does this every time he has an evil idea in his little head.

"But, if I kill you, I won't have this feeling anymore right, no more guilt, and no one can stops me from being a ripper," he smirks, "no Kai, fuck," she curse under her breath, "motus," he chants then she got thrown across the alley hitting the other side of the wall with her back. Evalynn got up and tried to run, she doesn't want to hurt him, she knows Kai is not himself right now, he probably felt scared with all these emotions heightened then snapped.

She felt someone grabbed her from behind and slamming her across the street again, "Kai, don't make me hurt you," Evalynn said lying on the ground with blood dripping from the corner of her mouth, she sees his vampirism showing, she jumped up from the ground and stepping back. "Kai, look at me, it's me, your fucking wife for fuck's sake," she tried to wake the real Kai inside this blood sucking monster, he tilts his head and looks at her with fake sympathy in his eyes, "aww, cute little Evalynn, so innocent, like three years ago, oh did I tell you that it's so hot when you swear? And how was your little peace making with Damon and Steven, would they still accept you after knowing that you fucked a sociopath? And don't bother try to change me, you aren't that innocent either, how many people did you kill after your ex died?" He narrows his eyes.

Anger is boiling inside her now, she sent him flying across the alley by attacking him with a magic orb, "you crossed a line there Malachai," she clenched her jaws, "oh did I, or are you just too sensitive?" He laughed on the ground then suddenly got up and bite her neck, she raised a fireball in her palm and launching it at him before he could rip off her head.

"This is not you!" She cried out loud, "I've always been like this Evalynn," he grins, "no it's not, this is not the man who gave me the ring to control my magic, this is not the Kai who took care of me for the past two months!" She yelled at him, "look, I was weird after merging with Luke alright? Now I'm back to my normal self," he chuckles as if it's nothing big.

Evalynn looks at him with anger, sadness and confusion in her eyes, "what are you saying, are you breaking up with me?" She felt a tear slide down her cheek, he didn't answer her, he didn't exactly mean what he said earlier but he doesn't know what to say, "answer me!" She yelled and grabbed his arms, "yes!" He yelled back and didn't move at all. She looks at him with disbelief in her eyes, "no you don't get to break up with me, I'm ditching you, you fucking asshole," her voice sounds raspy and shaking again.

She pulls her jacket tighter and gets away from him, he suddenly calms down as she gets away from him, the anger in his eyes are replaced by guilt and hurt, "maybe you're right, maybe we were too fast to get engaged, I'm gonna live with Caroline while you look for places," she said then holding his hand in hers, then she placed her engagement ring in his palm.

"Evalynn, please, I didn't mean what I said earlier," Kai whispered, "call me if you need anything, and take care of yourself alright?" She mumbles and kisses him oh his lips softly, feeling his soft lips on hers for the last time, he suddenly brings her closer before she separates her lips from him and starts kissing her passionately, then he felt a sting pain on his cheek, she slapped him, of course she will.

Kai rubs his cheek and chuckles, "you don't fix everything with a kiss Malachai, you fucked up, big time," she said before she walks away, "I love you," she heard him saying behind her, she wiped her tears off her cheek and gave him a middle finger.

Evalynn walks to Caroline's place, "hey Care," she said standing in front of the door, "Evalynn? What are you doing here? Come inside," Caroline was surprised to see her at first, "where's Stefan?" She asked, "he's following a lead with Damon somewhere, it has something to do with the cure that Elena wants," Caroline pour her a glass of water and handed it to her.

"Are you alright?" She asked Evalynn, "long story, but I think I need to crash with you for a while, you're the person who hates me the least in this town, so", she chuckles and looks back to Care, "it's alright, we got nothing but time, so spill," she puts her hand on top of hers and gives her a big smile.

Evalynn hesitates for a while, then she looks at Caroline and starts to fill her in with everything that has been going on lately, including the peace offer with Damon. "Seriously?! Kai?!" Caroline yells, "I'm surprised that's the thing that shocks you the most out of all of them," Evalynn grins and then Caroline pulls her in for a hug, "I'm sure he will comes around, from what I've heard, I think he really changed, and the whole vampire situation, it's just a phase, every new vampires go through that, so don't worry."

"Thank you," She rests her head on Caroline's shoulder as she pats Evalynn's back gently.