Chapter 15: Unreasonable

Evalynn has spent the first few days crying about the break up mostly, thank god Caroline is there with her, meanwhile Kai is getting drunk with Damon in the grill every single day, it's probably a bad idea to listen to Damon, but who else should Kai hang out with and get advice about dysfunctional relationships.

"Buddy, you just gotta stick with her, like creating chances to stick around, and play hard to get, for example, if she asks something from you, you don't give it to her, not until you mess with her first," Damon pats Kai's shoulder while speaking, Kia finished his tequila shots and looks at Damon, "thanks bro, but I think there's probably a big chance she would kick my ass, I tried to kiss her when we broke up and she slapped the shit out of me," Kai chuckles and almost looking proud, Damon squinted his eyes, "what the, are you five? Or do you have a thing for BDSM, if she tries to slap you, you grab her wrist and pin her against the wall, then kiss her, voila."

Kai raised his eyebrows and sipping on his bourbon, "hmm, is that what you do with Elena all the time?" He looks at Damon and leaving his stool after finishing his bourbon, "where are you going?" Damon looks at him with confusion in his eyes, "field trip," then he heard Kai chuckling.

"Knock knock, who's there, the big bad heretic," Kai laughed in front of Caroline's door, "what are you doing here?" The blondie opened the door and pushed the heretic away from the door, she went to the front porch with him, technically dragged Kai to the porch. "What is it and why are you drunk, you smell like you took a swan dive in the sea of bourbon," she rolled her eyes, "aww Candice don't pout, can I have a word with my ex girlfriend who was also my fiancé please?" He looks at her with puppy eyes then gives Caroline a small pout, "ughh fine," Caroline sighed and turned around to get her friend.

She went to Evalynn's bedroom to get her, "come in," she said after hearing Caroline's footstep coming towards her room's direction. Caroline opens the door, "I heard you guys, I will go talk to him," she said and give Care bear a smile before she was about to say anything, "ok, just shout if you need any help," she gives Evalynn a wink before heading to her room so they can have some space downstairs without worrying about the whole supernatural hearing. Evalynn puts on a big cardigan and walks down to see a drunk Kai standing on the front porch, he seems different, he has some facial hair now, which makes him look even hotter, and more muscular, 'god, it's impossible for me to keep my heartbeat steady', she rolled her eyes to herself and opens the door again.

Kai turns around and facing her without speaking, she stands by the door waiting for him to speak up but since he's not speaking at the moment so she decided to break the awkward silence, "hi," she whispered, he rubs his palms against each other, "hi," he gave her a small smile, "someone's drunk," she chuckles and turns her face away from him, "I'm sorry about what I did and said the other day, I didn't mean any of it—" "Don't," Evalynn cut him off.

"How's your house searching?" She cleared her throat and changed the conversation, "you know what, just call me after you move out," she feels her tears are pooling in her eyes slowly along with the desire to kiss him is slowly building up inside her, she is about to shut the door on him, but he pulled her closer and kisses her, for a moment she kisses him back, but then she quickly pulls away and tries to slap him again.

Kai grips her wrist and pinned her against the door, he uses his other hand stroking her face gently, she can smell the bourbon on him, she tries to push him away but he didn't even flinch a bit, she growls and looks away, "aww don't pretend you haven't thought about kissing me again, I heard your heartbeat earlier," he whispers next to her ear, "hmm I guess Damon taught you this didn't he?" She clenched her jaws and looks at him, then his lips smashed against hers again, "ouch," he bows down and hisses in pain, "why did you just kick my balls?!" He whimpers, "good night asshole." She gives him a fake smile before walking back to Caroline's house again, "dang it Damon," she heard Kai hissed under his breath outside the door.