Chapter 19: Vendetta

Evalynn wakes up finding she is alone in the bed, she feels a small smile escape her mouth when she heard some sizzling sound in the kitchen. "Hey gorgeous," Kai smiles after seeing her walking out of the bedroom wearing his t shirt only. "Hi, I guess we are leaving after breakfast judging by the ascendant and the Bennet blood on the table?" She glances over the items that he has put on the kitchen counter as she speaks, he nodded, "I don't want my jackass father to hurt you again cupcake," Kai says then sliding a plate with scrambled eggs in it to her, "now eat."

She took out the orange juice in the fridge then pouring herself and Kai a glass each before sitting on the kitchen stool, Kai thanked her then starts eating, but Evalynn kept playing with her food. "What's wrong?" Kai suddenly asks her, she puts her fork down and looks at Kai, "I just wanna say I'm sorry," "for?" Kai cut her off.

Then he looks panic for a sec but it vanished quickly, "wait you're not breaking up with me again aren't you? If you are I'm gonna head out." He laughs under his breath, she sent him a haha-hilarious glance, "no you cute little idiot," she rolled her eyes and laughing at how adorable he is, then she cleared her throat, "for dragging you into this mess, my mess." Her voice got lower and lower, if he doesn't have vamp hearing he might've asked her to say the last part again. "Listen sweetheart, you are far from being a mess, I'd rather call it interesting, it's Joshua's fault, not yours, even if your life is a mess, I'd love to be a part of it than not being in your life at all. Although I don't really get why you did what you've done last night."

Evalynn raised her eyebrows looking at him, "when you uhh, cut yourself and stabbed yourself last night before I came, self harm is never the answer you know," Kai said without moving his eyes off of her, she doesn't know what to say to him, can't tell the difference between realities and dreams? Yea sounds totally normal and sane.

"Yea but it's the solution," she presses her lips into a thin line and tries to suppress her laughters, "god whoever said this to you I'm gonna motus that person's ass to Mars," he sighed then turned back into his rare serious mode. "Now answer the question, I know it might sounds insensitive for me to ask, but I need to know so I can help you, I don't wanna see you getting hurt sweetheart, it hurts me too. And whatever it is, you can tell me," he said softly, she looks down at her plate but then she felt his hand was placed on her chin slowly lifting it up.

She meets with his intensive yet soft gaze, "I promise I won't think you're crazy or something like that, you're talking to Kai Parker, you know what, I will even give you a pinky promise," he chuckles then lifting up his pinky. Evalynn lets out a small snorts and wrapped her pinky around his, "you're so annoying," she grins. "And you like it, now back to the topic."

After taking a sip of her orange juice, Evalynn starts talking. "I uh, keep having nightmares, and they were—like, super real, they really scared me, and umm, I couldn't tell the difference between those nightmares and realities sometimes, so I panicked and started—" "hurting yourself to see if you were in another one of those nightmares or not," Kai finishes the sentences for her, which he was correct since she nodded.

They were in silence for a while, then Kai broke the silence, "I'm sorry for what my father did to you, I should've be there for you, but I promise I will fix this for you, and make it up to you." He placed his hand on top of hers, "as you said, it's your dad's fault, so stop beating yourself up for what he has done," she chuckles and holding his hand back, "now eat your breakfast sweetheart." Kai gives her a cute grin then starts eating his food again.

"I love you, you little dork,"

"Love you more cupcake," then Kai blows her a kiss which she giggles at his action.

After finish eating and everything, they stand in the living room with Kai holding the ascendant and Bonnie's blood. Evalynn gives him a nod, "it's ok, just siphon from me," then she leads his hand onto her arm, he nods and closes his eyes, a red orange glow appears on where he place his hand at followed by Evalynn's small hisses. Kai let go of her arm a few second later, "are you alright?" He looks at her with anxious in his eyes, "I'm alright, didn't hurt as much as I thought would be." She smiles, "you know they were right about the Padovano witch's power, it felt like I siphoned twice more than a normal witch's power." Kai said while staring at her and wondering what her reaction will be, but she only snorts, "you know you can siphon from me whenever you want right? Just give me a heads up first then you're good to go."