Chapter 4: Tell me everything then

"No, I can't go back there, I don't wanna be locked up again." She can feel the tears slowly building up in her eyes, she wiped it, "I think I am having an allergy reaction," she looks at her fingers with tear on them, he laughed, "no you're crying," he pulled her into his arms, "it was so dark in there, and scary, I was all alone in that cell, please, i'd rather die than going back there again." She whined, he strokes her hair softly, he knows what is it like to be locked up alone, but at least he has the whole planet to himself, but she was all alone in that tiny little space, she couldn't even go anywhere. "I won't let them get you ok, but first I need to know why they locked you up two years ago." She pulled away from the hug and wiping her tears, then she slowly begins to tell him what happened two years ago.

"They kept me away from everyone in this town because I was too dangerous, they've only heard about the myth of my bloodline before, even Bonnie's gram didn't know what to do with me or how to get my power under control, it seems like the power can change with my emotions, but honestly I haven't got them figured out yet, a lot of trauma happened, like abuse and stuff like that, but not from my parents or her gram, they were all very nice to me, my first boyfriend used to abuse me really bad, but I couldn't hurt him, until one night he almost killed me so I killed him with my magic, by accident, I was trying to defend myself but it got out of control." She felt his hand on her lap, trying to comfort her.

She cleared her throat then continues, "then my second boyfriend who was incredibly nice to me, and I thought it could be a forever kind of thing but then after 2 years I think, he killed himself, then my power boosted even more, and I've been having nightmares ever since, like vivid dreams and nightmares that I can remember every single details about, as if it actually happened in front of me, and I couldn't wake up, then I umm, I got raped by one of my friends, and he harassed me afterwards, then my power was at its highest point, I kept it all under control, until one night I was having those nightmares again, then I almost melted the entire town, I remember sending magic orbs to everywhere, Bonnie said my eyes turned black that night, but I couldn't remember that much, all I could remember is people running, screaming, and sending black magic orbs everywhere, so I asked Bonnie to build a special cell for me in the Salvatore mansion, and they did, first I went there voluntarily, but umm, after a while, everyone seems to be happier without me, I tried letting Damon get me out of there, but during the process I snapped again, so no one would wanted to free me of course, they compelled every human to forget about me, so even if I was out, I had no friends except them, even Bonnie was scared of me, I've seen the look in her eyes, as if she's looking at an abomination, freak, everyone sees me as a freak show, I mean I don't blame them." She sighs, then felt herself being pulled into Kai's arms.

He sighed, "I don't think you're a freak, or an abomination, my dad used to call me that too but I guess that's what made us bonded, and I am sorry for what happened, truly, if there's anything I can do to help, please let me know." He kissed her forehead, "I can do some research, I have some people who's expert in witch craft and hopefully they know something about your kind, but until then, you're welcome to stay here." He looks at her, a tear came out of her eyes, he wiped it off for her, "sorry, I just, I just don't get used to talking to people like this now," she said, then she saw a small smile appeared on his face, "then you can practice on me."

"Are you always this flirty?

"Not really, just with you Eva."

"Ok, that's a red flag, typical fuckboy saying."

"Shut up, I've only had one girlfriend before."

"Yea and a ton of hookups and friends with benefits."

"No no no, I've had one night stands once, when I was drunk but then I came home late and drunk and my dad did not like it." He joked, then he looks at her, raised one of his eyebrows, "are you, have you—" "Have I done it before you mean? No, not willingly." She said, "sorry I didn't mean that, my bad, sorry, that was insensitive," he looks at her with guilt in his eyes, she pats his shoulders, "no it's fine, I actually can't remember the details, so it doesn't really affect me that much," she comforts him, "I'm just too excited, I've never had a best friend before, or someone close to me," he chuckles, "what about Jo? I've only heard about the twin bond," she smiles at him.

"Jo used to be nice to me I guess, she would give me her toys when we were young, because I was born without my own magic, my dad hated me so he wouldn't buy me any toys, I remember she even gave me her snacks sometimes, and she would cover for me if I break something or got into some trouble, so our dad wouldn't beat me, but eventually she got tired of it, she grew distant and then that's it," he shrugs as he speaks, "I'm sorry, but hey I guess we can be best friends, I mean we were both called an abomination and different from others," she laughed, then she let out a yawn, "my pleasure, come on let me tuck you in bed."

Before she could say anything he carried her in his arms and walk towards the guest bedroom, putting her down on her bed gently, "I will be in my room if you need me, and we can do some shopping tomorrow, you can decorate this room however you want, I don't really mind," he said standing in front of her, "ok," she nodded and felt the smile on her face became wider, then he leaned down and kissed her on her forehead, "good night Eva," he said before getting back up, "good night Kai," she whispered but loud enough for him to hear her, they smiled at each other before he heads back to his bedroom.