Chapter 1

This book is a spin-off of my other story, Falling For You.

Read 'Falling For You' until Chapter 20 to understand this story.

***********

Rajveer walks out of solitary confinement, still reeling in shock with the realization that he is in love with Naina.

As he is about to turn toward the corridor that leads to his quarter, he hears her voice.

'Oh, such a sweet voice she has.' A small smile forms on his face at that thought.

Turning to the side, he sees Naina walking toward him with a slight smile on her face.

"Sir, are you fine?" She asks, and his heart warms hearing her concerned voice.

"I am fine, Naina." He replies to her.

'What are you doing, Rajveer? Have you already forgotten about the decision that you made in solitary confinement? You decided to stay away from Naina. But what are you doing instead? You are standing here smiling like an idiot just because she asked if you are fine,' his mind quips.

'Shut it and do not listen to your mind, Rajveer. Because whatever decision you made a while back in solitary confinement is completely wrong. Will you just look at Naina? Look at her smiling at you. Her voice full of worry for you. What if she, too, has started falling for you? Will you snatch both your chance at love just because you are worried about some rules?' His heart counters.

He sighed, battling his feelings. He is unable to decide if he should maintain his distance from Naina or confess his feelings to her, not caring about KMA's rules and regulations at all.

"Sir, did you hear what I just said?" Naina's question jolts him out of his thoughts.

"Umm, sorry, Naina. I was thinking about something else. What were you saying?"

"Pooja's cousin, Mishika, is getting married after two weeks. She is having a destination wedding in Mussoorie, so she has invited us all to stay there for the whole duration of their marriage.

"Since we are going to have ten days of mid-term vacation after three days, we will be able to attend the wedding, and we all are so excited to go.

"Mishika and her would-be husband are also hosting a grand party before the start of their wedding ceremonies. The party is couple-themed, and we need to have a date to attend it.

"As Pooja is going with Ali, Aalekh with Neelu, Yudi with Shalini ma'am, and Huda with Nysha, I wanted to ask if--" Naina stops abruptly when Rajveer interrupts her.

"Naina, let's go to my quarter and talk there. I am a bit tired. I want to sit and relax for a while," he lies because he is not tired at all.

Shalini did his routine check-up before he left solitary confinement. While doing that, she told him about the rumors about him and Naina that were currently circulating in the academy.

He does not want to fire up those rumors by letting others see him and Naina in the academy corridor, talking with each other. And he also does not want to embarrass Naina by telling her the actual reason behind his wanting to go to his quarter to continue their conversation.

'I will have to do something about this soon. I need to find a way to shut these rumors,' Rajveer thought.

"Ok, Sir. Let's go to your quarter then," Naina says, and both start walking toward Rajveer's quarter.

Naina clenches and unclenches her hands, feeling nervous about what she wants to ask Rajveer.

She gathered courage and asked him the question a few minutes back, but he was so lost in his thoughts that he did not hear her.