Chapter 2

'Think Naina, think. How are you going to ask your mentor, who, as you have just realized, is also someone you have fallen in love with, to be your date for the party?' Naina wonders, nervously chewing her nails.

"Naina, what are you thinking about? Tell me what you wanted to say earlier." Rajveer frowns, seeing Naina looking everywhere except at him.

'Just do it, Naina. Get done with it already,' Naina encourages herself and looks at Rajveer.

"WillyoubemydateforMishika'sparty?" She says in one go.

"What did you say? I didn't get it," He asks her, genuinely not understanding even one word of what she said.

Naina closes her eyes, takes a deep breath, and says, "I was asking if you would like to attend Mishika's party as my date?"

When Rajveer does not reply for what she assumes to be a long time, she misunderstands his silence as his way of saying no to her.

Hurt by that realization, she gulps the lump formed in her throat. "I will understand if you say no, Sir. After all, why would you say yes to me? I am just your protégé.

"What was I even thinking? Forget that I asked you about it. Since I won't have a date, I will not attend the party. I will enjoy the other wedding ceremonies. They will-" She abruptly stops speaking when she hears his voice.

"Yes," Rajveer says, looking at Naina intently.

When he realized his feelings for her while in solitary confinement, he had not thought she could feel the same way for him. He did not let himself hope for her to reciprocate his feelings.

But seeing her wait for him outside the solitary confinement room and looking at her concern for him had made tiny wings of hope flutter in his heart.

And now, when she asked him to be her date for that party and got disappointed when she assumed he would refuse her, it further strengthened his hope.

'Maybe she also feels the same way for me as I feel for her. Perhaps Naina, too, has fallen in love with me.'

With that thought in his mind, Rajveer makes a new decision.

He will be damned if he let Naina go after this. He will not care about any rules or regulations if she also feels the same way about him. If she also reciprocates his love, he will make her his.

Naina beams, hearing Rajveer's reply. She is so happy about him attending Mishika's party as her date that she does not notice the intense way Rajveer is gazing at her.

"Will you really come with me as my date?" she asks him to confirm.

But she sucks in a breath when he takes a few steps closer to her, almost touching her front with his chest.

That is when she looks into his eyes, and whatever she sees in those orbs makes her shiver.

Naina's reaction to his proximity further confirms Rajveer's thoughts. He looks at her, gauging her reaction to his closeness.

Her pupils are dilated, her cheeks slightly flushed, her chest heaving, and her breath coming in spurts.

Seeing that, he realizes she is as affected by his closeness as he is affected by hers.

"Do you want me?" He asks her, and Naina gulps, hearing his husky voice.

"Sssii...rrr..., Umm, I...I mean," she stutters, unable to figure out what to say to him.

"Naina, first listen to my whole question before answering," Rajveer says, enjoying the effect he is having on her.

"Do you want me.... to attend Mishika's party as your date?" He teases her. He had deliberately left the last part out while asking the question earlier to see her reaction, and it did not disappoint.