Chapter 17

Naina, Shalini, Pooja, and Nysha were getting ready for the couple-themed party which was being hosted by Mishika and Nishav tonight.

"Naina, what important talk did you have with Captain last night?" Shalini asks Naina, fully intending to tease her. 

The way Rajveer and Naina have been shyly looking at each other the whole day, the way there is a different kind of glow and peace on their faces, she knows something significant must have happened between them last night.

Naina blushes, hearing Shalini's question. 

She pretends to get busy in choosing accessories for her dress, altogether avoiding answering that question.

"Yes, Naina. Tell us. What talk time were you using with our Rajveer Sir that you did not return your call to our room till late at night?" Pooja also teases Naina and nudges Nysha, who then giggles along with Pooja.

"Come on, Naina. Tell us. We want to know the juicy details," Nysha too joins hands with Shalini and Pooja and starts teasing Naina.

"We need to start wearing our accessories and do some touch-up to our makeup now. Otherwise, we will be late for the party. The boys must be waiting for us," Naina tells them, averting her gaze and avoiding looking at any of them. 

Her whole face has warmed up due to their teasing, but she is determined not to give in. Because if she gave in, these three would continue to tease her for the whole night relentlessly.

"We know you are not worried about all the boys who are waiting for us, except one. After all, how can you keep Captain Rajveer waiting, right?" Shalini slyly asks Naina.

Hearing Shalinii, Pooja and Nysha giggle, whereas Naina controls her urge to groan out loud.

***********

"Sir, sit down for a while. You have been pacing for the last twenty minutes," Aalekh says to Rajveer, exasperated due to his impatient demeanor.

"Why are they taking so much time to get ready? Shouldn't they be here already? We have to leave in 10 minutes. Otherwise, we will be late," Rajveer tells Aalekh, continuing to pace in the living room while looking up at the stairs to see if Naina is coming down.

He has been waiting to be with her since the morning. 

She left his room in the morning before he woke up, and after that, they have not gotten any chance to talk with each other.

Since they are going to the couple-themed party being thrown by Mishika and Nishav tonight, everyone in the house has been busy in getting everything done in time so they can get ready and leave for the party in time.

That is why he has not gotten the opportunity to talk properly with Naina even once in the whole day today.

The first time he tried, Aalekh came to them, taking Naina with him so she could help him to choose his outfit for tonight. 

The second time, she was whisked away by Shalini because she needed someone to help in curling her hair. 

The third time, Nysha came to ask if Naina had some accessories that she could borrow for tonight. 

The fourth time, Pooja came to take Naina because they needed to start getting ready for the party.

Rajveer sighs, shaking his head. 

He knows he has been acting like a love-sick boyfriend, but what can he do?

He had thought he would not be able to love Naina more than he already did, but after last night, his love for her has increased to such an extent that he feels like his heart might explode at one point, unable to hold that much love and affection for his girl.