Chapter 10

Tired from the whole day of shopping, after entering the house, everyone goes straight to their rooms to rest.

Naina also crosses the living room to go up the stairs to her room when someone suddenly pulls her into a corner below the staircase.

She is about to scream, but the person keeps his hand over her mouth to stop her.

"Shhh, Naina. It's me," he says, and Naina immediately relaxes in his hold when she recognizes Rajveer's voice.

"What are you doing, Rajveer S-" She is interrupted when he suddenly presses his lips against hers.

Rajveer kisses her slowly and sweetly, getting intoxicated by the heady feeling that her closeness is providing him.

He leaves her lips after a while, and Naina keeps staring at him, stunned by the suddenness of his kiss.

"What was that for?" She whispers.

"You were going to call me Sir, and I had to stop you," he replies, tucking her hair behind her ear.

She blushes at the intense way he is looking at her. This new feeling that his kisses provide her is the best. She has never felt this way before, and she never wants this feeling to stop.

"But why did you pull me here?" She wants to know.

"Well, Naina, do you remember our challenge? The one you lost and agreed on doing five things for me?"

"Yes. I remember that. And I also remember that I have already done the first thing. Now there are only four things left for me to do," Naina replies.

"Hmm, good that you remember. Because now it is time for you to do the second thing," he tells her, and she feels her heart beat faster in both excitement and nervousness.

"What do I have to do?" She asks him, curious to know.

Rajveer hands her the packet that he is holding. "I bought this for you, Naina, and I want you to wear this and come to my room tonight."

"What is this?" She asks, about to open the packet, but he stops her.

"Open it only at night when you are about to wear it, Naina."

Naina nods, unable to deny him when his voice is such that it sends delicious shiver down her spine. "Umm...I will go now."

Saying that to him, she is about to turn and walk away when he holds her wrist to stop her.

"You lost the challenge and agreed to do five things per my wishes. But you do know that you can deny it anytime, right? I would never want you to do something that you are uncomfortable doing.

"So, if you do not feel comfortable coming to my room wearing the dress I bought for you, you do not need to come, Naina. I will understand,"Rajveer says, and hearing him, Naina's heart melts.

"Wait for me tonight," she says, and raising herself on her toes to his level, she kisses his forehead before walking away from there.

***********

It was 1955 hours, and Rajveer was eagerly waiting for Naina.

After the dinner, she had discreetly told him that she would come to his room at 2000 hours, taking care no one heard her.

As he lights the last candle, he hears the door being opened and immediately knows it is her. After all, he has given no one else the right to enter his room without his permission.

He quickly hides behind the couch and looks towards the door, forgetting to breathe as he sees Naina.

She is wearing the red dress he bought for her and looks ethereal in it with her hair left unbound and mild makeup on her face.