Chapter 13

Sitting in a cozy restaurant, Naina scans the warm interior, wondering how Rajveer knew she would love this place.

"Naina, do you like it here? We can go somewhere else if you want," Rajveer asks Naina.

He thought she would like this restaurant, but she has been silent ever since they entered this place five minutes back.

"No, Rajveer. I like this place. The interior of this restaurant is amazing. It has class and elegance, and also I love the warm lights here. It is so nice and roma-" She abruptly stops, looking down at the table.

"And? And what, Naina?" He smiles teasingly at her.

"Nothing," she answers, shyly tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Hmm, I must say this is something different," he says, to which she immediately asks, "What is different?"

"You being shy, unable to voice what is on your mind. It is something very different. Otherwise, you talk so much that I sometimes have to struggle to put in a word or two between them," Rajveer tells her, and Naina huffs, hearing him.

"Oh, really? You have to struggle to talk with me? I never let you speak? How can you even say that or even think that?

"Poor me, I never even talk that much. I speak only when it is absolutely necessary. I always listen to you and obey you. I never even question you that much and-" Naina suddenly stops when Rajveer starts coughing, choking on the water he was drinking.

Quickly standing up from her chair, she walks to him and starts rubbing his back.

After a while, when he stops coughing, she goes back to her seat. "What happened, Rajveer? Why did you suddenly start to cough?"

"Don't joke like that when I am eating or drinking next time, Naina. I won't be able to control myself and might choke again," he says, and she frowns at him.

"But when did I crack a joke?"

"You saying that you never question me and silently listen to me is in itself the biggest joke of the year," he answers, and chuckles when she swats him lightly on his arm.

"Umm, I wanted to ask you-" Naina begins to say after a few seconds, but she is interrupted when a waiter arrives there to take their order.

Once the waiter leaves after taking their order, Rajveer turns to Naina.

"Yes, Naina, what were you saying?" He asks her.

"Actually, I have been thinking about this for a few days now. So, I thought to ask you about it," she says, her voice serious.

Rajveer frowns at her severe voice. "What is it, Naina? Tell me."

"Why do you love me, Rajveer?" She asks him. "I mean, I feel like I have done nothing that would make me fall in love with you. So, I do not know why you love me when there is nothing loveable about me."

Hearing her, he holds her hands on the table and smiles at her. "Naina, you thinking that there is nothing loveable about you is like saying there is nothing sweet in a sugar because you are the most adorable, cute, and loveable girl I have met in my life."

"Rajveer, please, I am serious."

"Even I am serious, Naina. And besides all that, you are also brave. So much so that your courage even inspires me. That is what attracted me to you in the first place," Rajveer says, gently stroking the knuckles on her hand.

"Not only that, Naina, but you have also brought with you the happiness and companionship in my life for which I had been craving for a long time," he continues.