Chapter 4

Once Ritu leaves, Rajveer closes and locks the door before turning to Naina.

He feels a pinch in his heart, seeing tears in her eyes, which she is trying to blink away.

"Naina, please do not cry. I do not know what Dr. Mishra's problem is and why she spoke that way with you. Please do not take the nonsense she spewed seriously," he says, stepping closer to her to wipe the tears sliding down her face, but she moves back, not letting him touch her.

"Naina, what-" he starts to ask, confused about why she is moving away from him, but she interrupts him.

"Dr. Ritu is right, Sir. We should not be seen together. Getting linked up with me will not be good for your reputation and career in the army," Naina tells him, her heart breaking with every word she utters.

At Naina’s words, Rajveer feels anger rise within him. He yet again starts walking towards her, but notices her still stepping back, trying to create distance between them.

Feeling hurt and angry due to that, he quickly grabs her arm, not allowing her to move further away from him.

"Will you be able to stay away from me, Naina? Will you be able to see me every day in the academy, remember the kiss and the intimate moment we shared just a while back, and still stay away from me?" He asks, peering deeply into her eyes.

"Think first and answer me, Naina. If you say yes, I promise I will leave you alone and will never return to your life. So, tell me. Will you be able to distance yourself from me?"

Naina thinks about what answer to give Rajveer.

'Will you be selfish and tarnish the reputation and honor of the person you love just because you are too weak to stay away from him? Be brave, Naina. Sacrifice your love for the one you love,' Naina's mind tells her.

'But, Naina, will he be happy if you stay away from him? Agreed that it might save his honor and his reputation, but what about his happiness? Remember what happened a while back--the way he touched you and the way he kissed you. He, too, must feel something for you to kiss and touch you that way. So, will you snatch his love, his happiness from him, Naina? Will you be able to do that?' her heart reasons.

Naina is still thinking about what to do, but she jolts out of her thoughts when Rajveer pulls her even closer to him.

"Answer me, Naina. If your answer is yes, you can walk out of here. I promise I will leave you alone. I will even get myself transferred from KMA so you won't be bothered by the rumors regarding us."

Hearing that, she feels a sudden fear in her heart. She would have distanced herself from him for his sake as long as he stayed in the academy where she could at least see him. But how will she survive if he goes away? How will she breathe without seeing him every day?

"No," she says immediately, dismissing the thought of him leaving her.

"What did you say?" Rajveer asks, wanting to confirm if he heard right.

"Please don't go away. Please," she replies and hugs him tightly.

Hugging Naina back, Rajveer roams his hands on her back, trying to make himself believe that she is here with him and is not going away from him.

But when the restlessness of his heart does not go away, he breaks the hug and slams his lips into hers.

She gasps due to his sudden kiss, and he enters his tongue inside her mouth, deepening the kiss and reassuring himself that she is right here with him and will never leave him.

Naina reciprocates the kiss, getting intoxicated by the feeling it evokes in her.

She moans when he pulls her closer, plastering his body against hers. His kiss is rough and demanding, and she loves every bit of it.