Angel XI

Climbing down the white stairs, I rush to Moretti's office

It's been two days since I'm here. In these two days wasted of my life, I could be tanning even more my skin, with the bastards already deep in hell.

I don't know what the hell is he expecting, but I won't seat around and just wait.

For this shit I would've stayed at my home.

Barging on his office, without knocking, I see a broad shoulder guy and a woman. The same hazel eyes as him, blonde hair with a baby in her arms.

Lukas raises a eyebrow at me. I cross my arms over my chest. "Progress?"

"None."

"Are you fu-freaking kidding me? Finger prints don't take that longer to analyze." I snap.

I may be ruthless but I can hold my language in front of a kid. Even though they kind of terrify me now.

"My team has others things to take care." Moretti shrugs, looking the most unbothered he has ever been.

Excuse me? Hell no.

I'll tell him what other things they have to do.

"I'm out Moretti. I'm going home, if you wanted me under the ground I would've been already."

"Don't tempt me." He growls. I open my arms, my eyes glaring into his as the other two watch out hatred intersection. "I'm right here."

He looks me long and hard, but I don't stand down..

I never did and never will.

"Laura, Dave, out." He runs a hand through his hair, and the other two nod. I keep my eyes on him waiting for a explanation.

In under what circumstances did I agreed to seat around and wait for the disponibility of his team? I have resources to do this shit on my own with a large cup of expensive wine in my hand.

"Look sweetheart, you owe me. So, you're staying in, and helping us out. Understood?"

I laugh humorlessly.

This man has a lot to learn. I don't crawl at anyone's feet. He could be fucking God, I would never. I stand by myself, always.

"Firstly, I don't receive orders from anyone. I do whatever the fuck I want to, when I want to, and how I want to." I drawl out with a dangerous calm, approaching his desk with predator steps.

"Secondly, I don't owe you nothing. My most insincere apologies if your heart got hurt because I was there to kill you, but that won't give you any power over me just because you feel like it." I growl, my eyes set on him like a lion looks at his prey.

"I saved your life more than in one way. I could've killed you for what you were about to do, I could've tell everyone who you really are and be over with it. But still... here you are, intact." He points out, thinking it will affect me.

Women have fame to be always prepared for everything, I'm proof of it. A fast brain can do loads if needed.

A. vicious smile curls on my lips. "Do it. I would dissappear before you could even prove your words. You don't know nothing about me."

No name, age, family, nothing...If he was ever to talk about me, everyone would eventually give up.

Dark Angel is the only name they have, and only information is that I kill whatever they request me to... and only if I want to.

"Your face, house." Moretti tries never stepping down.

I smirk. "Baby, there's things called makeup, change of hair, cirguries if necessary. And house? Really? You think I only have that one? I could owe half of the business you're paired up with, and you wouldn't even know."

"Do not underestimate me sweetheart." Lukas growls, inching towards me. I hold his gaze.

"Likewise. You're already on my bad side, don't worsen it. Put your team on this case or I'll do it with my own hands."

"If you were dumb enough to not think of this possibility for them to find your identity, then you won't be smart enough to find them."

The nerve of this guy... I was never stepped on in my entire life. And I've lived and experienced more hell and darkness than most.... I won't be stepped on by him now.

He's like every other men...wanting all the power, money and women... thinking he's on top of the world.

Good thing I'm about to open his eyes.

Smirking, my finger drags down from his throat, where a tattoo stands, down to the waistband of his black sweatpants.

"You're forgetting, Lukas," I whisper, my lips leaning on his ear, my tongue tracing his earlobe making him grunt lowly. "that I do most of the dirty jobs you useless men can't do."

With that, I turn around and leave, slamming the wooden door behind me.

Christ, he infuriates me.

I hate people, I hate men, I hate him.

Breathing in and out deeply, my eyes not even seeing where I'm going as my blood boils inside my veins, I enter the white, clear kitchen and grab a cup, filling it with water.

My hands shake with anger as I try not to break anything.

Gulping down the freezing water, I close my eyes tilting my chin up to the ceiling.

I know the woman that was inside his office moments ago is here and looking at me while rocking the baby back and forth.

That could be me years ago, but I'm glad it wasn't. So glad.

Life sometimes asks to take drastic measures, but there's others that come inevitably and cause pain.

But you suck it up and move on. That's what I've always did.

It's life law.

My eyes don't stop themselves to look at the baby, wrapped around a white blanket, while sleeping.

"It's a girl. Gianna." The woman says, giving me a smile. My eyes lock with hers. "How old?" Surprisingly my voice comes out calm, even though my blood still boils.

"Six months."

"Yours?"

"Yes. Her dad left before she was born." Pain, and betrayal flashes her eyes but she keeps the smile on her face, pretending not to be touched by it.

Some people have some fucking strength.

I roll my eyes gulping down my last sip of water. "Men, am I right?"

She chuckles. "Some, I would say."

"I'm Laura. Lukas sister." She adds, I nod. "Figured, your eyes are similar." I comment, all the way swerving the conversation out of my personal greeting.

"We get that a lot." I give her a quick nod, before heading to the balcony doors whirl excusing myself.

Once outside, I breath in the fresh air.

It's almost summer, the days start to get hotter and the chilly breeze that accompanies it's more than welcome.

Titling my head up I notice the few white clouds that fill the blue sky, and everything in front of me... green trees, grass and flowers around the bushes forming the garden.

This will end soon, or I swear to all the gods up there I will kill him.

He won't make a fool out of me.