Angel LXII

LUKAS

Fucking Dimitri. I'm sick of him messing with my life, ruining my fucking plans, and now... now he has gotten too far.

Breaking inside my house? With my family inside? Fuck no.

"Barnes." I bark outside of my office.

The tall, muscular, dark-skinned guy, quickly climbs the stairs, reaching to me.

"Yes, boss?"

"Put me on the phone with Vladimir. I don't care if he's fucking Rihanna, Beyonce, or the two altogether. Just put him on my fucking phone!" I boom, making him nod, and reach my office phone.

My private one isn't for this, and the calls from this one can't be tracked or recorded.

His fingers move quickly, encrypting whatever he has to put the fucking Russian on the line with me.

Red.

Red it's all I see. My blood boils in my veins, I can feel the anger circulating and taking over my body.

I don't care. I want him dead.

"Sir," Barnes says and hands me the phone. "Hello?" The thick Russian accent floods through the phone making me snarl. "Vladimir."

"Who's this?"

"Moretti."

"Oh...what do I owe this pleasure?" I can hear the smug grin in his voice, making my jaw clench.

"Give me Dimitri's location, or I'll fucking start a war with you."

I would win, he knows I would. I will ruin his shitty empire faster than he can blink.

Vladimir scoffs. "Dimitri? That sick fucker? Look, we used to stand with  the same businesses, but he started organ trafficking, I cut the alliance, as well as everyone."

Fuck!

"Why should I believe you?" I growl.

"I'm serious, Moretti. The time will come to turn you down. Besides, the Dark Angel has never attempted on my territory. I don't care about him, or who he is."

She. Dumb fucker.

"Give me his last location." My voice is a demand, showing I do not have time for jokes or patience for his pathetic foreplay of back and forth.

"I don't have it."

Bullshit.

"Vladimir. I have a team ready to burn down your fucking house. Don't make me waste time buying flying tickets."

The line is quiet and I look at Barnes to check if he has hung up, but he shakes his head. He's just silent... thinking.

I don't have a team ready, but I could have in less than ten seconds.

"Last time he was in Turkey. His whole family and maids. As far as I know, that's the only hideout he has. I will send you the coordinates."

"Alright."

"Moretti." He interrupts me from hanging up. "Yes?" I ball my hand into a fist.

"I will remember this. You owe me now."

No, I don't. What is he going to do if I refuse to retribute? Kill me?

I would like to see him try.