Angel XXXIV

"Fight me

"Fight me."

I say to a sweating Moretti, who's throwing punches to the black bag like it holds everything bad that has happened to him.

Whatever that was.

He stops, and turns around to look at me, his naked torso glistening under the lights, chest rapidly moving up and down as he pants.

There's white dirty bandages around his hands, his hair falling on his forehead from the sweat, the black basketball boxers the only fabric covering his frame.

"Get out." He hisses, making me roll my eyes.

Laura and I arrived shortly from the park, and everyone said 'boss wants the gym free', so what better than to come here, piss him off, so he can burn his anger?

He really was a bastard to Laura.

"Fight me." I repeat.

"You're insane." He shakes his head.

"Your sister has no fault in this. Take out your anger on me. We do want to kill each other." I shrug, making a simple and truthful point.

"Don't fucking remind me. Because not even that I seem capable to do!" He shouts, going back to blowing the punching bag.

"I'm not asking, Moretti." I growl, and grab the tape above the wood bench, starting to wrap my knuckles.

I don't have a good fight in awhile, I miss it.

"What did Laura said, huh?" Lukas stops abruptly, glaring at me.

"Complained about how I became a monster after my mom died? How I killed everything that breathed, like him?" He shouts, the bag almost touching the wall as his blows grow more powerful when he goes back at it.

"She doesn't thinks of you like that."

"She does. I can see it!" He barks.

"You're seeing it wrong. She's grateful for you." I keep tone even, knowing it will piss him off.

Lukas laughs bitterly, and turns back to face me. "Wait until she knows our mom died because of me." His face becomes empty, no glare, no scowl... nothing, just blank.

Sometimes that's when people should really be afraid.

That's when you know that emotions are turned off, that he has nothing worth fighting for and whatever happens, happens.

Because he has nothing to lose.

And those people are the most dangerous. They fear nothing.

"You think... I didn't saw how she was scared at me during the first years? Do you, Elektra? I'm not fucking dumb! Why do you think she left the house to leave with the fucker who abandoned her?" He snaps, slowly approaching me.