Chapter 3 - Future Issues

Life is full of surprises, some good, some not so good. After we went to bed last night, I woke up during the night. I couldn't sleep, and to my astonishment, Anna's phone kept lighting up.

I checked she was still asleep, and snuck out of bed. I took her phone and went into the bathroom, and she was receiving messages from Philipe, one of our Macedonian Associates. It appears she is trying to take control over my family, and with his help she thinks she will succeed.

Well, I have had my suspicions for a while, but I didn't know whom was helping her. Now I know who she is in 'bed' with, it will make things easier for me to thwart her plans.

Mario made me aware of his concerns about this some time ago, and as a result some of the family assets have been transferred to other 'areas.' After seeing the messages on the screen, I quickly put her phone back on the table where she inadvertently left it.

I didn't open the messages box, as I don't want her to know I have seen anything. I crawl back into bed without waking Anna up and with my mind clear now I am able to drift off to sleep.....

Today I have a new outlook on things, and it is as if I now have a renewed purpose. I have business meetings in Rome all day, and as I have just got off the plane and am heading to my first meeting, we drive past the site for a new Hotel which is going up.

I see it is a sister Hotel to one in Las Vegas, and the land they have purchased seems quite large. It might be prudent to make the acquaintance of those responsible for this establishment, as it may be beneficial for future endeavours.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I woke up this morning in a panic. Philipe sent me messages last night, but luckily for me Massimo was sound asleep and hasn't seen them.

The minute I picked up my phone I saw nothing had been looked at, but I will have to call Philipe and warn him against sending me any more correspondence at such an inconvenient hour.

So far, Philipe has been my rock. He hates Massimo, and while I never considered him a man for a relationship, he has turned out to be the best surprise.

Not only is he loyal, but he is a rockstar in bed. Before Laura came along, Massimo's desire for me was unquestionable and he couldn't keep his hands off me.

Now, when we are together, even when I am on my knees, he doesn't have that desire for me. As much as I would like to solely blame Massimo, I can't. Laura changed him, and not for the better. He is weak, and I am going to make him pay for that weakness.

My time is coming, and when it does, he will bow to me and I will make him beg for mercy....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
It is now official, The Italia will have a Hotel/Casino complex in Rome. This took a lot of time and productive conversation, as the Government were incredibly reluctant to grant permission for what I have in mind.

With the red tape out of the way, I am leaving for Italy in about four weeks time. Construction has already begun, and at some point I will need to meet with Mario and discuss certain matters with him.

I am grateful to Mario, his influence helped ensure the right people are on board with this project, and like The Italia in Las Vegas, Massimo will again own majority share of this complex.

Due to the magnitude of customers and profits we have accumulated in our first eighteen months of business, we are able to use those monies to pay for the construction and paperwork of this Hotel.

If all goes according to plan, the Hotel will be completed and ready to open in three months. We have been given approval for the gambling permits for the casino, as that will be finished much sooner and open in around eight weeks.

As things stand, I am getting myself organised and ready to fly to Italy, and Giovanni will have his first trip away. It will be a holiday of sorts, as he has not left Las Vegas, for obvious reasons.

Only Mario and my parents are aware of my current existence, and for the moment that is how things must stay. I have my mask ready for the trip, and while I can't risk running into Massimo, if our paths do cross hopefully he will not recognise me, or our son.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
After a very productive day, I am heading home to Sicily. As things stand right now, it will take a good six months to get the family affairs in order, and I need to call a family meeting.

Mario will need to inform everyone, and this will need to take place in the next couple of days. When I passed the site for that new Hotel, I decided to make some calls for intel on the owners.

Hopefully, the report will be available soon, as I have this feeling inside me. I don't know what it is, and I don't know why I am feeling this way.....

I have finally arrived home, and to my surprise Anna isn't here. Mario finds me and tells me he has the information I requested, and that he needs to talk to me. Judging by the look on his face, he appears concerned. I hope nothing bad has happened.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
How do I handle this? Massimo has asked for intel on the owners of The Italia.....

When the request reached me, I started to panic. Realising what is at stake, I have no choice, I decide to tell him half the truth, and maybe, this will prevent future issues for Laura and Giovanni.....