Chapter 14 - 'The Situation'

The last few days have been been very eventful. Anna thinks she is ready to take charge of this family, yet the truth of it is she has nothing to work or bargain with.....

My man Marco has eyes and ears in the places I can't, and as a result we have managed to successfully keep Anna at a distance. It was Marco two years ago who gave me the heads up about Laura, and with his help we made the world believe that Laura was not only dead, but Anna was to blame.

At the time there was no other way, and Laura was brave enough to follow through with the plan. Last night has been long coming, and now we are so close to executing what has been a long term plan.

Anna has to go, and if we can minimise the Gattuso Family in the same stroke it will be a success of epic proportions. As I am getting ready for the day, my phone rings. It is only 7 am, and for anyone to be ringing at this hour, something must be up......
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I open my eyes and smile. After one of the better night sleeps I have had since Laura died, I am eager to get this day under way. I have instructed my people to execute their plans by lunch time, so the Gattuso Family won't see or suspect what is coming....

After my talk with Domenico, I am so relieved and grateful he is on my side. This family has been through so much, I have been through so much. For me, to feel Mario is keeping secrets from me is something I don't want to think about, let alone have to disprove.

He is my Uncle, my closest advisor. I have never had to question his loyalty, and now, with the situation that it is I have to face this as a possibility. I am not sure what I am looking for, but I hope to high heaven I don't find it....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Oh hell....one of my trusted associates has just notified me Massimo has found out about Malagio Holdings, and I suspect he has thoughts about my knowledge or involvement.

I have to tell Laura, as she and Gio will need to leave Italy. This is not what I wanted, but now, this changes things. I have no idea how Massimo found anything out, but now that he has, he will need to know everything....

I am not going to waste any time, I will need to leave for Rome as soon as I can, and hope that no one outside the family is aware of 'the situation.'
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I am all cried out. After spending so much time the last few days crying over my life, I need to face that this is my life, at least for a while longer.

Gio is now awake, and my son has his arms out for me. It is this which keeps me from doing something silly, like flying to Sicily to see Massimo and tell him everything.

I know if Massimo finds out I am alive, he will protect us, but I may never have the chance at love with him. This is my biggest fear, and while Gio is his flesh and blood, I also understand how much family loyalty means to him.

I am so afraid he will think me being disloyal, but at the time it was the only option I had to keep him safe, and keep me alive. I am getting Gio and I ready for the day, when the phone rings. I see it is Mario, and I am wondering if something is wrong....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I have just organised my trip to Rome, and I am now ringing Laura. I need her to stay in her Apartment, and she will need to keep her security with her until we can find a way for her to leave the country....

Laura answers quickly, and she can sense my concern. I tell her everything, and I can hear her voice trembling. I ask her to stay inside, and I will do my best to get there quickly.

I ask Marco to bring the car around, and I need to leave before Massimo sees me. Luckily, we are now on the road, and Marco puts his foot to the floor. I know the cars are fitted with a tracking device, so it is imperative I am on the plane in the air before Massimo finds me....

After one of the quickest car rides to the Airport I have ever had, I waste no time getting on the plane. My phone is ringing, and it is Massimo. I don't answer it, and I turn my phone off.

I finally am in the air, and I will be seeing Laura, soon.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Damn it! I just tried to call Mario, and not only didn't he answer the phone, he has now turned it off. I have tracked his car to the Airport, but unfortunately I couldn't get any other intel.

My stomach is in knots right now, and I am really hoping Mario is not betraying the family. Domenico is now joining me for breakfast, and when I tell him what is happening, he looks as concerned as I do.

I have so many things going through my head, and I don't like what I am thinking. Domenico says we need to give Mario the benefit of the doubt, but I am finding it really hard to do that. I really hope I am wrong, and if I am right, we will need more than just divine intervention....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I am so happy. They say patience is a virtue, well, for me it has been long awaited - I have just made my first move, and while it is small, it will still make an impact. Philipe and I are celebrating the only way we know how, and it feels so good....