Chapter 25 - 789 days

72 hours. That is all it has taken for me to gain control of everything. As things look at present, Malagio Holdings now is worth more money than I could have ever dreamed of.

Funnily enough, when I met Massimo, I never dreamed I could fall so easily in love with him, or that I would become a gangster's woman. I am a woman who happened to fall in love with a man created by both God and the devil.

Massimo is both, and now, I am seeing the devil part of him slowly changing, and he is becoming a man even God would be proud of. I haven't broached the subject with my love yet, but I have every intention of remaining an independent business woman - anyone who expects me to be a gangsters wife has another thing coming.....

As for Massimo's reputation for being a gangster, well, that will be changing too. I want Gio to be proud and look up to us, and I am not going to allow my son to be involved in the 'Family Business!' Not now, not ever.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Mario has asked to see me out by the pool, and as I meet him he shows me the documents which show Malagio Holdings now has all of Anna's and Philipe's money and assets.

This was almost too damn easy, yet Mario is being cautious. He is right about keeping this close to the vest, and now, with all our ducks in a row, we are about to shake things up literally.....

As I realise today's date, I see it is 789 days since Laura's 'death', and I have struggled so much. Knowing I have a second chance with Laura and Gio is a blessing I will never take for granted again....

The excitement is building amongst everyone here, and as the days draw closer to us reaching Anna's downfall, do I know with certainty I want to make Laura my wife.

I want to be spoken for, and only one woman will ever be for me. Laura Torricelli has such a great ring to it, I wonder if I should make her get it tattooed on her body - then every red blooded man, meaning every man, will know she is mine, now and always.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Oh my god! Something is wrong. I was expecting the paperwork from Lorita Graniescu, yet I haven't heard a word from her since I gave her the money....

I have asked my people to put a stop to the transfer but unfortunately I am too late. I have no idea what to do, and as I feverishly try to get some answers, Philipe is calling me.

A part of our deal was we are equal partners in the Hotel, and all profits were to split equally. I had grand plans to take The Italia from Lorita Graniescu and make myself a wealthy woman. Now, it appears I may be broke and looking for a place to hide......
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I am on an important conference call, when I receive an email confirming my plan has worked. Now I have the finances to kick Anna to the poor house and out of my life, that I need to ensure her assets are safely within Malagio Holdings, and the dummy account I had set up for this purpose be closed.

Olga's associates have been brilliant, and I give the go ahead to have the network shut down. It is time to head back to Sicily, as I want to mark the 800 days with my returning from the dead.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Holy hell....things are moving at a swift pace. Laura has done it.....I thought I was a savvy businessman, Laura has managed to outwit and out manoeuvre gangsters like me. I am old school, and as such it is the man's duty to be the breadwinner.

Now, being in the year 2021, do I see just how much the world has evolved. When I first met Laura, I thought this will be the end of our family - now I can proudly say this is just the beginning.

My nephew and I have been through it all, and now, as the family is about to become the powerhouse do I understand what my brother saw all those years ago - we need to be present yet be able to evolve, and I can proudly say Massimo is doing that.

Looking at my nephew right now, I am seeing the man he has always wanted to be. That is all down to Laura, and now Gio is with us we have a reason to bring our family into the future. The possibilities are endless, and as I am in contemplation Laura is calling me.

I know what this will be about, and sure enough, it is.....Anna is right in the corner where we want her, and now, Laura is ready to return to Italy. It is time to take this to the top, and everyone needs to be ready......

Massimo speaks to Laura too, and while their call is short when he hangs up he is crying, crying for the fact this is nearly over. We hug with joy, and a family meeting has to be called.

We are almost there......
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Light. I can finally see the light. I have just spoken to Laura, and we are now in the position I thought only a minute possibility. My love has done such a big job, and with that, she is about to fly back to Italy.

The Italia is only a week away from the Casino opening, and I will be able to bring Laura and Gio home where they belong. First things first, a family meeting has to be called, as we need to put the last stage of our plan in motion.

Luckily Anna is staying close, and nothing will make me happier than to throw her in my dungeon - although Laura may have other ideas.....