Chapter 5 - Two Sides

The last four weeks have gone by so quickly, and today Giovanni and I are flying to Rome. I am really excited, and Gio will love not only the plane ride, but the chance to get out of the grind here in Las Vegas.

The final projections have come through for our first eighteen months of trade. The Hotel has made a small profit while the Casino has exceeded expectations, so much so I am considering new innovative ideas to make The Italia the 'go to' place in Las Vegas.

As we are heading to the Airport, all I can think about is Massimo. I will be so close to him, yet so far. Even though I am wearing my mask, a small part of me wishes it didn't have to be this way.

So Gio would know who I am, I had to allow him to see me with the mask on countless times. I am lucky, as Gio is a bright boy, and he is comfortable and happy being with and around me with or without my mask.

Gio knows Massimo is his father, as I have photos of him around my apartment so he will never forget who he is. Many people I knew back then, including my best friend Olga, were blinded by his occupation and not of who he is as a person.

It took me a long time to see there is two sides to Massimo, and the gangster side of him had mellowed when we were together. I think deep down he wanted to change, he just needed a reason to. I gave him the best of me, and at least he did the same for me in return, even if he doesn't know it yet.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
What a difference a month makes. In the last four weeks, I have made inroads with regards to Anna, and while she doesn't know it yet, my family are not only aware of what she is up to, but any attempts she makes with regards to control of my family's assets will be halted in their tracks.

I am slowly regaining control of my life, and hopefully soon I will be rid of Anna, for good.
On top of that, I am still trying to find out who owns 'The Italia.' So far, I have found out very little, except there is one majority shareholder and one smaller shareholder.

My people will keep digging, and if I can make the acquaintance of the owner then there could be mutually beneficial arrangements made. Outside of that, Domenico and Olga are expecting their first child any day now, and I have warmed to Olga.

When we first met, I didn't like her at all. Since Laura died, I have come to know her quite well and she has been loyal to Domenico and the family. With this, I have told my cousin there is a trust set up for his child, and while I had hoped this would be happening to me, I am still happy to do this for them all the same.

Olga took it hard when Laura died, and Domenico managed to not only look after her, but the family interests as well. I was not of sound mind back then, and even now I am still struggling.

I would give anything to have Laura by my side, and as much as I used to enjoy random sex, now, I only want Laura. I long for Laura's touch, and no woman will ever be her equal....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I am becoming concerned with how things may pan out. Laura is due to arrive with Giovanni tonight, and I hope she isn't recognised.

When she mentioned this trip for the Hotel, I knew this could spell trouble, but Laura needs to be able to go outside Las Vegas. I have seen her when she is wearing her mask, and I must say, the cosmetic surgeon has done an almighty job.

When I first saw her I didn't recognise her, and now that she speaks fluent Italian, Laura should fit in without looking conspicuous. Massimo still hasn't let up about who owns The Italia, and while I know the paper trail won't lead to Laura, I still am aware Massimo won't give up.

I just hope Laura gets through this trip without anyone knowing she is still alive.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Tonight has been quiet. Anna isn't here, and I am enjoying the serenity. I decide to just go to bed, but before I do I go into that bedroom, the one only Laura will ever use.

As I walk into the room, a tingling sensation goes through my body. I have no idea what just happened, but as I look around the room, and at our bed, do the memories come flooding back.

I am visualising the night I made love to Laura, and tears fall from my eyes. I never thought any woman would make me feel this way, and as I recall how she made me feel, I am devastated, devastated knowing I will never get the chance to feel that way ever again.

I quickly leave and as I lock the door, Mario walks up to me. He can see how emotional I am, and to my surprise, puts his hand on my shoulder and tells me he is here for me. I just look at him with a lost expression, nod my head and walk down to my room.

I quickly undress, and as soon as my head hits the pillow I close my eyes. I dream of Laura, and of me running around after my son. I would give anything for that dream to be reality, and my emotions help me drift off to sleep....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I am so emotional....Gio and I have just touched down in Rome, and as we disembark the plane my beautiful boy is tired. He thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and luckily for me it has worn him out.

He has his arms wrapped around my neck, and as we are going through customs I am weary of my surroundings. Fortunately, we get through customs in under an hour, and a car is waiting to take us to our residence for the next five weeks.....