Chapter 11 - A Family Meeting

It is happening - Anna has just text me to let me know she has business to attend to for the next few days, and this gives me the opportunity to ensure my own plans come to fruition.

Mario has made all the calls we wanted made, and while Anna thinks she has ammunition, what she actually has is anything but. My accountants have ensured that all monies and their paper trails go around in circles, meaning the information she has obtained is useless!

The USB drive that Anna has everything on may have documentation which is damaging, but, when we placed the information for her to find we also had a programme installed to wipe any information when she attempts to use it for her own gains.

Now we know she is preparing to use the information we let her have, we can begin the process of taking control of not just her assets, but those of her family as well. I am saving Philipe for last, as his family actually possesses assets which will be useful to me and my family, but that will require more legal manoeuvring than anything else we are doing.

It has taken so much in me to get to this point, and now we are on our way to eliminating Anna, Philipe and those who are helping them. I am finally seeing a light at the end of a very dark tunnel, and I hope both my father and Laura are proud of me......
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
It is now early afternoon, and Mario is calling me. I am concerned, as I know he wouldn't be calling me unless something is wrong. The minute I answer his call, I am bracing myself....

After all this time, Anna is making a move, but Massimo and Mario have ensured she doesn't get very far. I am so relieved, and Mario informs me they have everything in place ready to be executed in only four weeks.....

After talking with Mario for half an hour, a big sense of relief flows through my body. Hopefully this is the end, and Gio and I can come home. I don't know how Massimo is handling things, but I can say myself I am struggling, and although a month doesn't sound like a lot, it feels like it......
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Things are finally starting to look up. Anna being away for the next few days will make life more bearable for me, and Domenico is now ready to help tackle the issues the family is going to face when this situation comes to a head.

I have done my best to avoid involving Domenico, as Olga has needed him at home to help her with their daughter, Olivia. Both Mum and Baby are doing well, and Domenico wants to be involved in taking Anna down.

Due to Anna not being here, I am calling a family meeting. Domenico has some connections who can help us speed things along, and with this I am closer to finally being rid of Anna.......

As I gather my thoughts, I think of Laura. I feel so lonely, and after all this time I would do anything, give my family fortune away, if that meant getting Laura back.

I look at the portrait of her everyday, and it eases my pain, albeit very marginally. I cling to the memory of looking into her eyes, and feeling her lips on mine. This emotional lull I am in is so deep, I am afraid I will never be able to succeed in moving forward.

Right now, all I can do is focus on eradicating Anna out of my life, and as for anything else, well, that is in the hands of the gods - if they even exist at all.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Being apart of a powerful Sicilian family can be a double edged sword, and right now, I am living exactly that. My gorgeous wife has given me our daughter, and while life has been good for us I know my cousin is not faring as well.

In fairness to Massimo, he has been respectful of the fact Olga was pregnant and has just given birth to Olivia, and given me the opportunity to be there for my family.

As a consequence, he has had to handle this situation with Anna without my assistance - that ends now. Olga understands the seriousness of our family's predicament, and now she and Olivia are safely settled in at home I am now ready to tackle Anna head on.

I had a soft spot for Laura, as it was my responsibility to look after her when Massimo first brought her here, and it was because of her I met Olga.

Now, it is my turn to step up for the family, and a few of my associates have been able to gather intel on some of Anna's 'helpers,' so I am now in the position to act on this.

I am grateful to Massimo, he has done right by Olga, Olivia and I - with not only a secure residence but the trust fund he set up for my daughter. Olivia will want for nothing, and due to this, if I can ease some of my cousins pain, I will.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I have called for a family meeting, and it will be at the underground nightclub in a couple of hours. I am ensuring that only those in the know need to be present, meaning Anna will not know what is happening.

All going well, we will be rid of her much sooner than originally anticipated. As much as I want this to be finally over, it never will be. Anna took the woman I love, and I will never meet anyone like Laura ever again.

This will be my own cross to bare, and while I will be able to destroy Anna for her part in Laura's death, it won't bring the woman I love back....