Chapter 6 - Flesh And Blood

As we drive through the city, tears fall from my eyes. I remember when Massimo first brought me here, and it was here we spent our first night together.

The events are still vivid in my mind, and while Massimo wasn't gentle he certainly made an impact. He brought out desires and feelings in me I never thought existed, and as we grew together as a couple I saw the changes in him.

I was so fearful of his tough, intimidating exterior. As time passed, and he saw I was falling in love with him, he started to show a softer and gentler side to himself.

At first, we were just having hot, rough sex. Our activities ended up being beyond passionate, it became more. At first Massimo and I had sex on a whim, then as we got closer he seemed more content with sharing our love in the privacy of our bedroom.

I miss the feel of his fingers touching my skin, his ribbed body protecting me. I need him so much, and the next five weeks are going to be hard for me.

As I hold our son in my arms, do I realise just how much we both need him. I long for the day he finds out Gio is his flesh and blood, and that we both will be back here where we both belong.

We have just arrived at our temporary residence, and as I put Gio to bed and unpack our bags, do I feel a sense of calmness. I am not sure what is making me feel this way, I can only hope Gio and I get to have an enjoyable trip back in the country I would love to call home....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Time is going too slow for me. I am so close to having everything I want, yet for everything to fall into place is still over a month away.

Philipe has done everything I have asked of him, and all I can do now is let events happen. In the meantime, I am making plans for what the future of my empire will be, and Massimo will have no idea of what I want and what is coming......

Firstly, that portrait of Laura will definitely be going, and Massimo and I will be moving back into that bedroom - Laura may have slept in that room, but I have every intention of reclaiming my rightful place.

After that, everything else will fall into place....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
My alarm goes off at 6am, and I have to get up. I will be meeting Laura at her apartment today, and we have some important matters to discuss.

As I head outside for breakfast, Anna and Massimo are already eating. I say Buon Giorno to them both, and fortunately Anna has better things to do. After she leaves, Massimo and I talk about family business.

When he brings up 'The Italia,' and that there is only two shareholders, I become concerned. I decide to bite the bullet, and tell him my contacts may have come up with some information, and that I am meeting with them today.

Massimo is delighted by this, and when I see Laura today we will have to find a solution to this increasing dilemma. Now I change the topic and we discuss other family business.

Within an hour, I am driven to the airstrip so I catch my plane to Rome. I am meeting Laura in three hours, and I am looking forward to seeing her and Giovanni.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Gio and I have both had a good night sleep. My little man had such a big day yesterday, and today he is bursting with energy. I have a conference call with Las Vegas in half an hour, and then Mario will be meeting me here to discuss the current status of construction with the site here in Rome.

Before I can think too much, I am on my call to Las Vegas. Gio is playing in the floor while I am on the phone, and as the call is almost finished Mario has arrived....

I am so happy to see him, and Gio is delighted to see Mario too. The minute I finish my call Mario and I hug. It is good to see him, and he has brought some toys for Gio.

Hopefully this will keep him occupied for a while, and after organising coffee for us we get down to business....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
My trip to Rome was quick and uneventful. As soon as I arrive at Laura's, she opens the door to me and is on the phone. My little nephew is on the floor, and I scoop him up and give him a large hug.

He reminds me so much of his father, and Laura has done a wonderful job raising him. Giovanni hugs me tight, and loves the toys I have brought for him.

When Laura finishes her call, we hug and she makes me a coffee. We sit down and talk business, and at the moment construction is on schedule. All going well, the Casino will be ready in three weeks while the Hotel will be at least two months......

After discussing what is needed to be discussed, I tell Laura about the issues back in Sicily with Anna and how Massimo is doing. When she hears about Anna's plan, and Massimo's attempts to find out who owns The Italia, I can see how this is affecting her.

To my surprise, she suggests a phone meeting with Massimo - as the large shareholder of The Italia. I think it is too risky, especially at the moment. Laura, however, suggests contact now with him is the best option, before she flies back to Las Vegas.

This way, she can control the narrative, and they will not be face to face. I voice my concerns, but as her Italian is fluent, and she sounds different when speaking Italian, Laura thinks she will be fine.

While I think it is a bad idea, Laura does make a valid point. By talking with Massimo she is putting a stop to his digging for information, and if she can pull this off, we will be much safer with what the situation is at present....

Looking at Gio, he is growing up so fast, and Massimo has missed so much already. I feel guilty for my part in Laura's accident. In hindsight, if I had realised just how much he and Laura love each other, I could've found another way forward. I just hope when Massimo does find out he doesn't want to kill me.....