Chapter 27 - Tight Lipped

The plane is now ready. Massimo has just arrived back from Palermo, and I tell him we have a situation that requires his attention. He looks at me with concern, and I tell him he needs to fly out, as soon as possible....

My nephew doesn't look happy, but I promised Laura not to spoil the surprise, and I won't be. Domenico has ensured we are ready to roll when Laura arrives back, and Marco is about to drive Massimo to the plane.

I play it cool, knowing what is happening will make him happier than he has been in such a long time. When he asks about Laura, I tell him the truth, partially......
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
What now....I have had a dreadful day in Palermo, and now, I have to fly out and fix a situation. Will this life ever give me a break? After speaking business with Mario, I ask if he has heard from Laura.

He smiles and tells me she and Gio are doing well, and Laura will be ready soon, very soon. That at least is something, and I ask about Anna - Mario informs me she hasn't left the property, and isn't likely to, now that Philipe is looking for her....

When Mario told me about his visit, I had to sit down I was laughing so hard. My cousin has a witty sense of humour, and I do like the idea of Philipe cleaning my boots - that is the right job for him, number one s**tkicker......

I am now on my way to the plane, and Marco is being very tight lipped. This concerns me so much, yet I just want to get on with things. Until Laura and Gio are home with me, I just want to go through the motions - without the b******t......

As soon as I get on the plane, I take my jacket off and my pilots inform me this will be a long journey. We are off to Hong Kong, and I hate going there - they are forever bungling something or another, so I decide to get some sleep. As soon as I lay down and close my eyes, I am in dreamland.

I am dreaming of Laura and Gio, and I am a happily married man being the Dad I have always wanted to be to Gio....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Ten minutes - that is all it will be until I see the love of my life. Gio and I are at the Airport ready to go, and my little man is looking forward to being with Massimo again.

The next five minutes go so quickly as we see the plane land, and Gio and I head out to greet my love. The minute he gets off the plane, he looks confused - the moment he sees us, he starts to cry.....

Oh my love, you have no idea how happy we are to see you. Gio reaches out for Massimo, and the moment he takes him from me our son cuddles into him. This moment right here has been so long in the making, and now, we are going home.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
I can't believe it. I slept for the whole flight. The pilot is announcing our arrival, and I look out the window and see we are not in Hong Kong.

I am unsure where we are, and as I disembark and walk on ground level, I look around. It takes me a moment to realise I am in Las Vegas, and I see Laura and Gio.

I can't believe it, and I become all emotional. This is it - I can't get to them quick enough, and my son reaches out for me. I take Gio from Laura, and I kiss her like my life depends on it - actually, it does depend on it.....

For so long, I was so focused on the family business. I lost sight of what mattered the most. Now, this right here is everything. As Laura and I pull apart, she tells me they are ready to come home, and as soon as the plane refuels, we are flying back to Italy.

I assume Sicily, but Laura tells me we are going to Rome, as we have an opening to attend. We both smile from ear to ear, and we get on the plane.

Gio is fascinated by the plane, and I show him the cabin. The pilots are terrific showing him what they do, and I love seeing my son smile. Laura has tears in her eyes, and I know how hard this has been for her.

Within half an hour the plane is fuelled ready to go, and we buckle up and prepare to take off.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
Travelling home - that feels so strange to me, yet it actually feels normal. Gio is fast asleep, while Massimo and I are cuddled up together. We are both crying, knowing how hard this has been on us all.....

Massimo asks me about the opening in Rome, and I tell him what I have planned. Judging by his reaction, I think I have got this right. As soon as we land, I am going to ring Mario.

His assistance will be needed, and it is about time Anna and I come face to face. I have the paperwork for Malagio Holdings with me, and I will be signing over the control of the company's assets to Massimo.

Hearing my love tell me he is so proud of me means so much, and right now, as we discuss finally resolving the issues of the last two years, do I know that this will be my defining moment.....
:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:——:
This is everything, right here, right now. Gio has had so much excitement he is now asleep, and I have Laura in my arms....

I broach the subject of The Italia's opening in Rome, and Laura cracks a smile. When she tells me what she has in mind, I have to say, it is damn good. When we arrive back in Rome, I will do whatever Mario and Laura need. This is so long coming, that I am becoming rather turned on just thinking about what will happen.....