request for marlin

"hey, hey honey" dally whispered as he shook you awake "wake up, babe"

"what?" you moaned, rolling over to the other side

"I wanna go somewhere"

"at 2:30 in the morning?" you said, looking at the clock on the night stand

"I promise you'll love it, just get up and meet me in the car in five minutes"

"ugh, okay" you groaned, pushing yourself out of bed and into the bathroom as dally left your bedroom "he's got me whipped" you said, looking at the rats nest you call hair in the mirror.

you brushed it out and slipped on some of Dally's pajama pants under your night gown. you pushed your feet into your slippers and went to the kitchen to get water.

you poured yourself a glass of cold water and ate a banana. when you were done, you finally headed out to the car that dally had warmed for you.

"finally, you take forever" he said, lighting a cigarette

you and dally had a very unique relationship. you two loved each other more than anything in the world, but you cant spend too long together before your personalities begin to clash. yesterday was one of those days. you had gotten into a small argument and the both of you decided that it would be best for you to spend the next day apart, guess dally had a different plan.

he changed gears and backed out of the driveway. he started down the road as you wondered where on earth he could possibly be taking you at this time of night. the diner was closed, as was the drive in. was there an emergency at the curtis house? no, dally said you'd love the surprise.

"dal, where are we going?" you asked

"don't worry about it, you'll see soon" he said, staring straight forward

"can i have a hint?"

"no, marlin. just wait" he answered, placing his hand on your thigh and rubbing it slowly

you smiled and placed your hand on his. you just stared straight forward as the two of you left town. he drove onto a trail in the woods and went up a hill.

when he finally stopped there was an opening in the trees just ahead. dally put the car in park and got out, then walked around to open your door. you stepped out and he got into the trunk and pulled out three blankets. he began walking so you followed. he laid the thickest of the three blankets on the ground and sat, patting the area next to him implying for you to sit down.

you sat next to him and he wrapped a blanket around you. he put the other on both of your laps. he leaned into you and wrapped his arm over your shoulders. you looked out over the edge and took in the view.

the stars were shining brighter than ever and the city lights shined even brighter. it was like a scene from a movie.

"this is beautiful, dal" you said

"almost as beautiful as you" he said, kissing your cheek

"real slick, babe" you giggled

"I'm sorry I'm so difficult to get along with" he said, looking at you "I love you, I really do. it's just hard for me to express how I feel without getting angry"

"I understand, next time just try to tell me through something other than talking if that's what upsets you. you can write a note, you can just give little hints that tell me you're upset, you know how good I am at reading your emotions. I love you, dal. all i want to do is help you" you said

"thank you, doll. you're so amazing to me, I really dont deserve it"

this was odd for dally's behavior. he never apologizes nor talks to you like that. he's too hard headed, what's going on?

"I know I never apologize or nothing" he said, apparently reading your mind "but i think i wanna stay with you forever. you're my whole world. hell, I practically quit drinking for you"

"yes you did, dal. I really appreciate that"

"you think you'd wanna marry me one day?" he asked, making your heart smile

"hell, dal, I'd marry you tomorrow if you asked"

"in that case, will you marry me? we ain't gotta have a big wedding or anything, I'm fine with just running down to the courthouse to get the papers and that can be that"

"of course, dally" you said with a smile from ear to ear "of course I'll marry you"

heyyy so this was my first request!! hope you like it!! feel free to leave more! they can be for preferences, imagine, whatever youd like! maybe even a lil smut if youd like😏