y/n x dally imagine

"hey dal?" I shouted through the house "where are you?"

I woke up to find that he was not beside me in bed, and now he was nowhere to be found. I continued searching every room in the house, there was no trace of him. I walked out to the living room and noticed that his jacket was not on the coat hanger, and his boots were not by the door. where could he have gone?

I decided that I'd bake some cookies while I waited for him to arrive. I walked into the kitchen to find a note on the counter:

Had to run uptown, be back in a bit

                        Dal

I picked it up and examined it for a moment, realizing just how awful his handwriting truly is. I put it back on the counter and got to work on my cookies.

by the time the third batch was oit of the oven, I was exhausted and had no intention of actually eating any of these cookies. Dally still wasn't back, so I decided I'd take a walk to the Curtis house and bring them some of my cookies, they'd love them.

I went back to my room to get dressed. I put on a nice blue skirt that hung just below my knees and a pastel yellow button down top tucked into it. I put on white ankle socks and white shoes. I fixed my hair and added a touch of makeup to cheeks and eyes.

I put two batches of cookies into a container and went on my way. I didn't have much trouble getting to the Curtis house without Dally, which was to my surprise. everytime I leave without him I get jumped, but today I looked nice, so maybe that's why.

I arrived at the Curtis house and walked right in, not bothering to knock. it was oddly quiet in the house for this time of day, leaving me quite confused. no one was in the living room, no one was in the kitchen. I walked into the dining room and saw all the guys gathered around the table whispering to each other about something. I looked at them, my eyebrows furrowed.

this is when Steve looked up and saw me standing there. his eyes got wide and pit of nowhere he dove onto the table and screamed "take cover!"

the guys looked around, when they saw me they all jumped, seeming like they were trying to hide something.

that's when I saw dally, looking at me like a scared puppy.

"Dal, I've been looking for you all morning, what's going on?" I asked

"u-uh, nothing hun, just uh- give me and the guys a minute, will ya?" he said, leaning back into his chair, trying to pretend he wasn't a nervous wreck

although I wanted nothing more than to object and put my foot down and yell at him for making me wait all day to see him then shooing me off when I finally do see him, I simply smiled, and put the cookies on top of Steve, who was still slumped over the table for God knows what reason, and walked out.

I went to the porch and sat on the steps, resting my elbow on my knees and holding my chin in my hand. I waited patiently for Dally to come out and get me, which seemingly took forever.

I heard the front door click, and I quickly looked behind me to find Dally walking pit of the house. he quietly took a seat next to me, neither of us saying anything.

"y/n" he said, a tone so quiet I almost couldn't hear it, "y/n, I got something to ask you" he added, looking right into my eyes, almost intimidating me

"what is it, honey?" I asked, placing my hand on his knee

"you wanna marry me?" he asked, squinting his eyes and looking down. he pulled something out of his pocket, and as he held it between his fingers, I saw what it was. "this is what I had to go uptown for, this is the why Steve hurled himself onto that God damn table in there and made a fool of himself. it was laying on the table, we were trying to figure out what I was supposed to say, and I guess you walked in and Steve freaked" he chuckled, but very lowly, like he was almost scared.

it all made sense now, and I couldn't be happier with everything that just occurred.

"of course I wanna marry you, dal" I smiled, giving him my hand

he smiled and paused, admiring how small my hands were compared to his. he slowly slid the ring on my finger. both of us froze, just staring at it in awe. then, before I had the chance to say something, the gang came toppling out of the house on top of each other 

"she said yes!" twobit screamed, jumping up and down, the rest of the gang joining in on the cheers.

so we all stood, rejoicing, and I could never be happier than I am right now, the love of my life by my side and all of my best friends cheering the two of us on.

life truly is beautiful. even in the mess.

didn't proof read, sorry for mistakes. this was requested!! i am still begging for requests! love you all!!