how he reacts to your death ~preference~

ponyboy- sobs for days on end. doesn't shower, brush his teeth, or even eat much for days after your death. he could barely bring himself to go to your funeral. but he did. because he knew that's what you wanted. he didn't move on for two years after you died. even then it didn't feel right.

johnny- he didn't cry much. he barely even shed a tear. it was super hard for him not to. he didn't want you to be disappointed in him because you always told him that if something happened to you he was not to cry. he always hated when you said that because he loved you with his entire heart, and would do anything for you. when the day of your funeral came, he sobbed as he watched you get put into the ground. dally had to practically drag him away from you burial site. johnny knew he would never love someone the way he loved you. he visited your grave every day from then on out, even when he was seeing a different girl. most of them understood.

dally- he broke everything he could get his hands on. he sobbed and sobbed as he broke everything in his path. he got drunk and passed out on your side of the bed. he woke up the next morning and still remembered everything. it killed him that you were gone. he wouldn't talk to anyone. he didn't even go to your funeral. the gang didn't see him for almost three months after your death.

sodapop- doesn't leave the house and almost loses his job. Steve had to come drag him out of bed everyday. at your funeral he sat in the back and didn't go to your burial. he went home and sobbed while everyone was out. he moved on, but it took several years.

two bit- he quits drinking, which was odd. he still joked but everyone knew the laughs were fake. he couldn't stand not having you on his arm every where he went. your funeral almost killed him. he sobbed and sobbed. the gang thought he was gonna die from crying so much. they had never seen two that way before.

darry- he sits in his chair and stairs at the ground. he's still not used to not having you help with breakfast. when your funeral came around, he didn't shed a tear. he only cried when he was in the shower so the boys wouldn't see it. he had to stay strong for them.

steve- he doesn't go to your funeral. he doesn't do anything. he barely makes it to work and when he's there he barely talks to soda or any girls that came around. he drank too much. he had alcohol poisoning and almost died. he scared the living daylight out of the gang. it took him months to get over you.