how he proposes ~preference~

ponyboy- the day started off pretty normal, however he acted rather weird when he was making breakfast. the gang was far quieter than usual. they were all in the kitchen helping pony, even two bit. "what are you guys doing in there?" you asked, standing up off the couch. Steve ran out of the kitchen and cut you off. "sit back down!" you shouted pointing to the couch. "no" you giggled trying to push past him, he grabbed you and threw you over his shoulder and put you on the couch, then sat on you. "steve!" you shouted, trying to push him off of you. "okay okay!" he yelled, standing up. you stood up and ran into the kitchen. when you got there you saw a tray of cupcakes spelling out "marry me?" you looked at the gang and they were pointing behind you. when you turned around you saw pony on one knee.

Johnny- the two of you were walking home from the lot because it got too cold so you decided to stay at your house for the night. "hey y/n?" johnny asked. "yeah, babe?" you said, looking at him "would you wanna marry me one of these days?" he said, looking at you, then looking at the ground. you couldn't help but smile, of course you would. "yes, johnny. i'd love to marry you one of these days" you cooed. "really?" he asked "then lets do it!!" he exclaimed "lets do it" you smiled

dally- it was very unofficial, super casual.  dal didn't want to make a big fuss about it, so one day as you were doing the dishes he pulled out a ring and sat on the counter next to the sink. "what's up, babe?" you said, drying your hands as he looked down at his hands, fiddling with the ring. "will you marry me, please?" you felt your heart explode and your cheeks blush up. "yes, dal. i'll marry you"

darry- it was very standard. nothing to special, however, it felt magical. the gang was at the drive in and you instantly suspected something was up when darry had gone with you guys. hes always been far too busy to watch a  movie. but once you got there, he started acting all nervous. before the movie ended, he got down on one knee and popped the question.

twobit- you know it was funny, yet at the same time romantic. he thought it would be a good idea to put the ring in a bottle of champagne. it got stuck. when the two of you had finished the bottle and there was still no ring, he began to panic and pretty much blew it. "shit" he hissed, shaking the bottle "its stuck" he finally broke the bottle, shattered glass everywhere, but there he sat, the ring between his fingers waiting to be placed on your's.

Steve- it was at the DX, imagine that. he was working on a car and as he was doing so he said "well would you look at that? an engagement ring. say, y/n, you wanna wear this for me?" he smiled

sodapop- the sweetest, honestly. at your graduation party, in front if everyone, he got down on his knee and gave a whole speech talking about how beautiful you are and how badly he'd love to spend his life with you. your parents had always love soda, but now they love him even more. when you said yes, he slipped the ring on your finger and jumped into your arms.