20 || Falling For U

I was hanging with you

And then I realized

I didn't think it was true

I was surprised

When I found out I'd fallen for you

I didn't wanna believe

My feelings for you

I didn't wanna believe

That I could lose you

If I told you just how I felt

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I can't believe it. 60 feet?" I exclaim as Peter and I sit on the couch at Stark Industries after an hour of training.

"I'm not making this up, Y/N! He was crazy huge." Peter uses his arms to emphasize his point. I laugh.

"I'm glad everyone's friends again."

"Me, too. It would be kind of awkward if they weren't." Peter agrees. "Oh, I meant to ask you, is Betty around tomorrow? Ned's been putting off asking her to the dance and those flowers he has are about to rot." I laugh.

"Yeah, I think so." I say. "So who are you asking?"

"What?"

"To the dance." I clarify. "Who are you asking to the dance?"

"Oh, I don't know yet." He replies, and I can see his face turn red. "I haven't really thought about it. Ned thinks I should ask MJ or... um, someone else, but I don't know yet." My heart does a weird pang thing in my chest, and I can't figure out why.

"You should ask MJ," I suggest. "She would absolutely say yes."

"I don't know, Y/N..."

"I think she would. Just saying." I reply, though something in me wishes I should stop asking Peter to take my friend.

"Hey, kids," Clint and Natasha enter the room and make their way towards us.

"Hey, Clint. Hey, Nat." I say, waving from my position.

"What are you guys talking about?" Natasha asks, taking a seat nearby.

"The school dance," Peter replies. "It's, um, coming up pretty soon." Natasha makes eye contact with me and wiggles her eyebrows, but I shake my head. She frowns.

"Peter was thinking of taking our friend MJ," I say, breaking the eye contact before Natasha can suggest anything else.

"And who are you going with, Y/N?" Clint asks, folding his arms.

"Oh, um, I'm - no one asked me yet." I answer, blushing. "I'll probably just go by myself and hang out with some friends from school."

"You know what would be a good idea?" Natasha asks, looking between Peter and I. My eyes widen as I try to get her attention, but she just grins and continues. "Peter and-" Before Natasha can finish, a loud blaring plays throughout the towers. Natasha, Clint, and Peter all stand up, but I keep sitting, looking around.